Some Courtesy Please !!

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
retroracer
League Administrator

Some Courtesy Please !!

Post by retroracer »

Guys heres an observation I made while reviewing the Richmond Cup Race and witnessed personally in the Busch race.Why do some of you feel the need to race the leaders so hard when you are 2,3,4 or 5 laps down? You are only hurting yourselves because the shoe is going to be on the other foot someday and you are going to whine and cry and call each other out and so on when it happens to you.
Look its pretty simple,if you pay attention to the scoreboard.If the guy who has reeled you in like he was in another league than you runs up on you and he's not the car showing to be behind you on the scoreboard,why race him like its for position.It's pretty obvious he's either a lap or laps ahead of you,or maybe even that many behind you,and in either case it's not going to hurt you to move over and let him go.Without the use of caution flags it is virtually impossible to make up a lap in our races here.
If you have a really good car and start up front or have made your way to the front and something happens to you,you get caught up in a wreck,you spin yourself or screw up pitting and lose a lap or two,you are absolutely not going to get back to the front.So then you take it upon yourself just to show the leaders how good a car you have and that you "COULD" have ran with them "if".No all you are doing when you do this is being discourteous to the guys who have been able to get to the front and remain there.Accept your position come back and try again next week,without ruining someone elses good run.
Show some courtesy and some professionalism here guys,it will earn you far more respect than showing someone your 5 lap down car is as fast as theirs will.In the racing world,real or online,you get what you give.Try keeping that in mind the next time the leader is on your 8 lap down rear bumper and you are trying your best not to go down 9.
Just a friendly observation not a call out to anyone in particular.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
bover907
League Administrator

Re: Some Courtesy Please !!

Post by bover907 »

Amen to that! (for those of you who don't know... the leaderboard is accessed using the F5 button)
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

It's a real rookie thing (not Rookies Rock), no matter how long they've raced. Those of us that been around long enough and know the old players would and do let the leaders go. It may not happen as fast as they like some times, but we do. I know what you mean tho. It's a hazard too. I think the punt rule should be reinstated. :badgrin:
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Well stated, and in case you didn't know, Retro is a professional race car driver. I guess the comparisons are the same from a competitive standpoint only because, my heart still pounds while qualifying, while leading, or winning. Without wrecking, please take your slow behind out the way. And realize that if you have an "aw crap" moment and spin yourself out or what have you, while this is a game, those aren't computer game cars you are racing.
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

d3efan wrote:Well stated, and in case you didn't know, Retro is a professional race car driver. I guess the comparisons are the same from a competitive standpoint only but, my heart still pounds while qualifying, while leading, or winning. Without wrecking, please take your slow behind out the way.
This is no joke,I get far more nervous here than in my real car.My heart pounds,my legs get rubbery as crap and I have a death grip on my poor ol' Momo.The racing here is just as intense as it is on a real track to me.I don't know if the reason I get so nervous here is the fact that I dont know you guys face to face like I do the guys at Bowman Gray,I just really don't know.But I do know this much,the racing here is great,the competition level is very high.I race here with the same mentality and courtesies I do on the real track.Theres no difference in here or there when it comes to how you drive certain drivers,what to expect from certain people or whatever.I hope this league continues to grow and improve,and we all settle our differences and move on from week to week without any hard feelings.
Blackflag8
League Member

Post by Blackflag8 »

This was well said, I know Im not always perfect when it comes to this but I usually try to let the people that I know need to get by me go. I had an incident this week at atlanta where I raced a driver for position early in the race and we drove each other hard and that was fun. Later on toward the end of the race when I came around to lap them they raced me just as hard and I eneded up losing a position because of it. Im not trying to whine and complaing Im just trying to state that some of the slower cars need to keep track and be more aware of their surroundings.:worm:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Like I said in another thread. The leaderboard is accessed using the F5 key
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Harding
League Member

Post by Harding »

d3efan wrote:Well stated, and in case you didn't know, Retro is a professional race car driver.
That's cool :wink: , is there a website or photos in an earlier thread. What do you race Retro?

I'm from a racing family myself, every member of my family has participated in a race or more at our local track.
Every dog has his day
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

Harding wrote:
d3efan wrote:Well stated, and in case you didn't know, Retro is a professional race car driver.
That's cool :wink: , is there a website or photos in an earlier thread. What do you race Retro?

I'm from a racing family myself, every member of my family has participated in a race or more at our local track.
http://fandfmotorsports.com/

And we had a miserable season sorting out a new car,lol.Not to many highlights,lol.We have ditched that car and are building a brand new one as we speak.We should have some photos up soon.Join the site and we can use it to communicate also,and maybe you can send me some pics and I'll post them there.