little help please

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Re: little help please

Post by Jes Rathbun »

found out my problem its called "LOOK AT THE BOX STUPID" I bought a card that needs directx 10 SHIT directx10 is only for vista :cry: too late to return it ...in a word..."F"..ED" HAHAHA at me
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Id do what Reef said, Jess... If you can swing it, you can get a pc for $350-400 that would blow the old machine out of the water. Computers aren't worth upgrading anymore. The technology just goes so fast, and computers are so cheap now, that you'd spend a ton upgrading and still not have half the performance of a sub $500 PC.

And don't let the Dell or HP guy try to talk you into a $1500 or $2000 PC either. You simply don't need it. You buy a $500 jobber, and slap some more ram into it and leave it at that.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Tigerdirect has some good looking bare bones systems cheap.
gsxr1000k5
League Member

Post by gsxr1000k5 »

jesse, you are not f*ed.. im sure if you message bmx, he can hook you up with some sort of pirated copy of vista, then you can use your graphics card :lol:

on another note.. i do have a gig of ddr2 800 ram, and an nvidia evga 7600gt pci express, sli capable graphics card , which is more than enough to run heat and the other racing games with high settings.
gsxr1000k5
League Member

Post by gsxr1000k5 »

what i meant by having those items is... if you .. or anyone else needs them for that matter, i can let them go very cheap. i reread it... and it sounds like im posting my specs sorry, but they are available to whoever wants them
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

You been drinking again GSXR?
gsxr1000k5
League Member

Post by gsxr1000k5 »

to be honest , i did have some absinthe yesterday, so you may be on to something there.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

well I did it I got another machine compaq presario its got a 2 gig processer, 1gig of ram, 80 gig hard drive :grin: running windows xp no more problems :P now I am thinking of doing some practices with you guys to see if all goes well, and if it does I may rejoin the busch series for a few races(I dont want to ruin anyones chances on a championship) I haven't stopped racing so Im not really going to be that rusty ..lol and I actually won a race :shock:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Glad you were able to get a new machine, and it's great that it has xp on it.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image