game freezing

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
tjwild
League Member

game freezing

Post by tjwild »

last night i keep getting a freez up it wasn't a full freez it would freez then let up i had every thing shut down even the back ground any one got a ide to fix this ? it onluy dose it like a 2 to 3 times in a race i just want to fix this so it dont happen in a league race and i end up taking some one out . :?
groverhardt
League Member

Re: game freezing

Post by groverhardt »

It's called trouble shooting. First you need to advise what hardware you're using, and if it happens while running other demanding applications hard.
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

what would i look this under a heat log
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Did you recently change graphic cards or monitors? Maybe your frame rates are bad.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Please dont listen to any of BMX's advice. If it gives you an error log post it here, I will dechpher it for you. was it while we were running Brickyard or Lowes? Check your track files in your run folder and be sure that your Brickyard file is approx 6 mb in size. It's possible that you have a different track file. I would suggest downloading the correct file from the schedule page link. If that doesnt help, try removing the side paenl from ur pc and placing a fan there. It's possible its overheating.

Good idea here is to remove the CPU fan and if your vid card has one, remove that too and blow out the heat sinks and fans with canned air. BE WARNED THO... MAKE SURE YOUR PC IS OFF, AND THE FANS ARE UNPLUGGED BEFORE YOU BLOW THEM OUT. spinning the fans in the wrong way may cause a reversal in the DC voltage that may Damage the card or motherboard,
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I think what he means is that his computer stutters a few times, especially early in a race. I used to get that problem. A number of things can cause this.
  1. Norton 360 or Norton Antivirus, or anyother Symantec product will cause it while the auto update is checking if there are updates available.
  2. Windows Update or Microsoft Update will make your computer stutter when they are checking for available updates.
  3. Outlook Express or any other email client will cause a stutter when checking for email messages.
  4. Windows Defender is a really bad one for making heat stutter. You don't have to get rid of it if you know how to sucessfully kill the process with end-it-all or with the task manager.
Remember if you're killing any security related programs with end-it-all, it is VERY IMPORTANT to reboot your computer after the race before you go browsing the internet or checking your email. Don't even go to post the unofficial results in the forum until your reboot your pc. When I run end-it-all for a race, I reboot the machine immediately after I save the replay.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Harding
League Member

Post by Harding »

Probably a reboot of our computer will solve the problem.

If you still experience problems though, it could be a frame rates problem as bmx mentioned.

If it is still laggy download and install fraps and have that running at the same time as heat. Your frame rates should be around 60+ (Around heats max frame rates). When your screen freezes up as you mentioned monitor what the frame rates do this will let you know what kind of problem it is. If the frame rates don't change your whole computer is freezing up, then carrying on (Refer to Reef's post). Overwise just heat is freezing up if it goes down then comes back up, for this problem try lower ingame graphical details running enditall/GameBooster making sure no other programs are running using resources etc.

Harding :alien:
Every dog has his day
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

Bover (Remember if you're killing any security related programs with end-it-all, it is VERY IMPORTANT to reboot your computer after the race before you go browsing the internet or checking your email. Don't even go to post the unofficial results in the forum until your reboot your pc. When I run end-it-all for a race, I reboot the machine immediately after I save the replay.)
ok i use end it all probram and i havent rebooted after using it what would happen or could happen ? :-|
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

bover907 wrote:Remember if you're killing any security related programs with end-it-all, it is VERY IMPORTANT to reboot your computer after the race before you go browsing the internet or checking your email. Don't even go to post the unofficial results in the forum until your reboot your pc. When I run end-it-all for a race, I reboot the machine immediately after I save the replay.
tjwild wrote: ok i use end it all probram and i havent rebooted after using it what would happen or could happen ? :-|
AS Bover stated...if "end it all" turned off any security related items , such as Anti-Virus software, or firewalls etc, that normally stay
running to protect your system,your leaving your system vulnerable to all types of attacks ,SO u need to reboot your machine, before
resuming your other Internet activities and interests.Then those programs can reset themselves and go back to work again! you really "dont" want to know what could happen!! :shock: :shock: