NHRL Rules.

Post, recap, and debate unofficial results from recent league races.
Petty43
League Member

NHRL Rules.

Post by Petty43 »

I know one of the Admins. mentioned you should read the rules. I believe all of us, including veterans and rookies should all take the time out and re read the rules. I saw a few things yesterday if people read the rules will make the races go smoother. And more people showing up at practice to work on your setup, and log laps around drivers around you. Helps you later. To see who's running in the heat community use www.heatfinder.net a great program that is run by a driver here at NHRL. Thanks for all the hard work Duster, use it all the time.
Rule infraction was by BMX, who did not send his COT TEX file in on time. The rule page states that you must submit your file AT LEAST ONE WEEK. That was not done.
Another thing i saw a lot of last nite was the darting of slower cars. Guys who have run around me enough know that if you are going to pass me, i will go high. i always let faster cars pass me on the inside. Sometimes situations will always not allow that but that's what i do.
http://www.nascarheatracingleague.com/rules/
2. After submitting a new paint scheme, a driver must wait at least one week before using it during a league event. A competitor who chooses to ignore this rule automatically forfeits 10 points in the season standings. This rule does NOT apply to the opening race of a season or drivers who enter the league in mid-season and want to submit a paint scheme before competing in their first event.
3. On oval courses, slower drivers can easily avoid trouble by moving to the right and allowing others to pass. Slow cars that dart unpredictably from side to side or wander aimlessly in the middle of the track (especially in a turn) send confusing messages to approaching drivers. When you allow a faster car to pass, please make your intentions easy to see by moving into and staying in a particular lane; a driver can also signal using messages such as "<<<" and "pass low."
Just some pointers to help. I mentioned that i don't agree with pass messages. They do work if used properly. I've yet to see that be done. See you all tonite. Good Luck.
bover907
League Administrator

Re: NHRL Rules.

Post by bover907 »

When I use my pass messages, they work perfectly. I usually only use them for people who are not on ventrilo.

Letting someone pass you is very easy... 1)You just stay high. 2)You let off your gas slightly earlier than you would if you were in the preferred racing line.

That's it.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Yes. If used correctly like you do it's great. I like Bov's the best. :grin:
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Always true but then there is the exception...SpeedyExite, for example. Trying to stay out of the way and letting off the gas REAL early, which was a hazard in itself, because he was doing it in the racing groove and not out of it as is expected. If your slow like that, please stay the hell out of the way. Preferably high.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Which is where the part that Petty mentioned about being at practice comes into play. We usually know who is letting off early and adjust accordingly.

In last night's cup race, I knew that speedy was letting off pretty early from practice, so every time I came up behind the Cardinals mobile (good looking car, btw... lol). I know to take a lower line and not follow directly behind. Never had a problem.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image