Daytona Starting clarification

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Daytona Starting clarification

Post by Skoty Speed »

To clarify things for you, this is exactly how it will go....

We start the race with a random start.

You will then be allowed to drive around the track and find your pit stall. ( a good place to look for that would be on pit road). You do NOT have to be in any certain order for this procedure.

Once everyone has found there stall, we will restart the race.

You will NOT be on the gas when the race starts. The pole sitter (in Cup it will be Rookiesrock) will proceed to the backstretch. He will stop roughly half way down the backstretch and wait for everyone to line up in there correct starting position.

Once everyone is line up lepage71 will give Rookie the OK to start the pace lap.

The pace lap will be at 55 mph, and you will stay at least .5 seconds behind the car directly in front of you.

As Rookie reaches the start/finish line he will type GO in the chat window as he hits the throttle.

There will be NO PASSING until after you cross the start/finish line to start the race.

Anyone trying to jump the start or gain an advantage in any way at the start WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!!

Now, we are expecting a large field. With large fields its often difficult to get a clean grid where no one gets damage due to the grid. If this is an issue we will do as follows.....

When the race starts you will NOT be on the gas. The pole sitter (in Cup it will be Rookiesrock) will proceed to the backstretch. He will stop roughly half way down the backstretch and wait for everyone to line up in there correct starting position.

Once everyone is lined up, lepage71 will give Rookie the OK to start the pace lap.

Rookie will then lead everyone through turns 3 and 4 (at 55 mph) and down pit road. At which time you will look to your left and find your pit stall. Those who recieved damage and ONLY those drivers that recieved damage caused by the grid may pit to repair said damage at this time.

Rookie will then stop just before turn 1. He will then wait for those cars that needed to fix damage to get back in there correct starting position.

Once everyone is lined up, lepage71 will once again give Rookie the OK to start the pace lap.

The pace lap will be at 55 mph, and you will stay at least .5 seconds behind the car directly in front of you.

As Rookie reaches the start/finish line he will type GO in the chat window as he hits the throttle.

There will be NO PASSING until after you cross the start/finish line to start the race.

Anyone trying to jump the start or gain an advantage in any way at the start WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!!

One more note.....It would be a very good idea to show up a little early. We WILL be starting on time....
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Re: Daytona Starting clarification

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Since there was another post on this topic, less than one day apart, I have a question ,just for clarification.
Question:Should this line ,in RED, be inserted ,at this point of the starting procedure ? YES or NO?
Skoty Speed wrote:
Once everyone is lined up,in the order of the "Sprint Race Results" for the NHRL Daytona Cup race, lepage71 will give Rookie the OK to start the pace lap.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

That's a given, dude. Don't make it harder than it is.....

I am tenth. I will be on the outside, and I should see Petty who is 8th ahead of me, and Big Mike, who is 9th to my left.

You are 26th. That's the outside of the 13th row. You'll see BMX in front of you, and Sennheiserl to your left. Mustangman will be behind you two by himself.

*Sigh*
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

That's a given, dude. Don't make it harder than it is..
This will be a SINGLE file pace lap. Now who is making it harder than it is?
Big Mike
League Member

Post by Big Mike »

Is it possible to set up server to run pace laps in pratice.
So when everyone running tonight shows up a good hour before the race
we can all get comfortable with it.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Ok, now I feel dumb. Got lost in my sarcasm. I took notice how cynical and sarcastic I am when I'm over-tired.

Sorry
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

we all have are bad days,Bover.Saturday Night was a bad night.And BTW,not to make you feel dumb or nothing ,and not that it even matters ,i was staring 14th ,then 7th in reQualifying last night but somehow ended back starting at 13th. :grin: