Daytona Start. Single or Double File Rumor.

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Petty43
League Member

Daytona Start. Single or Double File Rumor.

Post by Petty43 »

I believe there should be some sort of action taken here. I don't believe a pace lap being single file is going to work. If we are at pace speed why not make it double file? I've never ever agreed with a single file restart. Online or on television. The problem with single file is that's along way to the rear of the pack. I understand we are trying to avoid unavoidable circumstances with the amount of drivers coming into the server. I just think the members of NHRL, and it's admins. can discuss this in a adult manner (With a few exceptions) and figure out a better solution to this issue. I just don't agree with a pace lap that we are controlling the gas pedal, and being single file. If we do a pace lap i myself think double file is way better.
In EX: WGTC Raced Daytona with a pace lap, also being single file. I thought single file was actually worse than a double file start with a grid issue. So it's not that i am spewing out of the mouth just to hear myself talk. I think we should sit down at the NHRL round table with all of it's board members, and share holders to discuss this issue.
On another note. Can LLM refrain from complaining about the time. Every race you mention time it's 3 after. You know. With people having issues with corrupt tex files, people having monitor issues. Just sit back and relax and shut up about the time. Just stick to the immediate hello's when somebody arrives. That's annoying enough. One day when you guys have a issue, then the shoes on the other foot. Research Karma. I even spelled it out for ya.
All and all a pretty good start to the 2009 season. A few "minor" issues but i'm sure all issues can be resolved. All Rise!
Edited to add the link for the lazy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma
d3efan
League Administrator

Re: Daytona Start. Single or Double File Rumor.

Post by d3efan »

Not a bad idea and one that shouldn't be dismissed off-hand. It's bad enough getting guys into a single file so double can't be any harder. One thing that ALWAYS gets jacked up is folks mashing the gas like they didn't know what was going on, simply forgetting, or repressing like some freudian nightmare, that we're trying to get single file. Either way we do it, EVEYONE dont mash the gas at the start, roll to a controlled stop (unless you are at the front and need to be there) and THEN line up in an orderly fashion, if that is even possible lol.

I also believe we should qualify before the race. I bet most folks will be lined up pretty much the way they should be already.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I also believe we should qualify before the race. I bet most folks will be lined up pretty much the way they should be already.
My thoughts exactly. It won't hinder the final goal. And as a bonus, you might get a pit stall relative to the pack you will be racing.
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

I like the controlled stop idea. :biggrin:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I third the notion on running a Q before race time, just for pit stall selection.

On what all the other's said..... Can I get an Amen?
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

i agree with all of u ill give u Aman
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Heres the problem with qualifying for the big race... there are quite a few "front runners" that have been sent to the rear and quite a few "fast guys " back there as well. If we qualify and these "front runners" qualify up front then their pitting spot will not be anywhere close to where they will start. I personally don't think its a good idea.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

I know that your gonna say shut up but a double file restart wont work... youll have some people in the wrong rows etc... even i know this
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Man BMX. Read peoples entire post before you make your post. :wink: From the original post. "I just don't agree with a pace lap that we are controlling the gas pedal, and being single file. If we do a pace lap i myself think double file is way better."
If we are all professionals here, if you have to control the gas pedal on the pace lap then the start should be double file.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

I agree with Petty.In the Cts Talladega race, most guys were conscience of the gas pedal,afew had it pegged.I was one that took the brunt of the non -conscience guys and got nailed from behind into another . :evil:
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

good point reef. my point was that for the initial line up it would make it easier.
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

It's a shame the Modlauncher doesnt have a program to set a field.Or at least I dont think it does.Some good arguements here,single file would sure put a lot of guys a long way back early and I dont see where throttle control plays an issue in either a single or double file pacelap there will still be somebody in front of you.(unless your on the front row)And as far as people not remembering what row they are on,well good grief its been posted for nearly a week now.Write it down,stick it to your monitor.A simple hint,odd numbers on the inside,even on the outside!! OK,lol,that was being a little sarcastic.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!