Team Points Championship

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Donaldson
League Member

Team Points Championship

Post by Donaldson »

I think this would be a good idea just for fun and for bragging rights. If no one else wants to keep track, I will do it.

Please leave feedback if you guys think this is a good idea or not. So far Team NHRL is leading the way with MAX Racing close behind.

Petty43
League Member

Re: Team Points Championship

Post by Petty43 »

Damn Team NHRL. :argh
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Great idea Donaldson wow ..not a single bonus point :shock: :doubt:
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

If you score the top two drivers, then the larger teams have an advantage because there's more possibilities for dropping. I suggest scoring by the team average in some form because it's a more accurate measurement.

Also, how can a single driver be a team? :?
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

Team average sounds like a better idea, i 'll change the current numbers for team average and go by that for the remainder of the season. Thanks for the idea lepage. :alien:

I was using teams that were posted in the official nhrl teams thread. That's why duster and jr's teams are in, not sure if they planned on adding more members soon or not? If not then they will be cut out. So please let me know duster and jr.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

love the idea donaldson. i think every single point on a team should count if a team doesnt recruit more then 2 drivers or doesnt want to they shouldnt get an advantage out of it... my opinion
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

If you score the top two drivers, then the larger teams have an advantage because there's more possibilities for dropping. I suggest scoring by the team average in some form because it's a more accurate measurement.
I'd suggest that only teams with 3 or more drivers be averaged in because two drivers have an advantage if averaging over the entire team.

Or better yet Mr Donaldson, I'd say since you are taking the much appreciated time to do this, that you do it anyway you want to.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

B I N G O !I agree with Rook!
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

I see what your talking about rookie. But If 2 drivers are running and one finishes 5th and the other had a bad race and finished 20th than it will really hurt them in the points only having 2 drivers. Opposed to having 4 drivers running and 3 do good and 1 does horrible, that 1 horrible finish wont drag the points down as much because its backed up by 3 good finishes. So it can work either way as an advantage and disadvantage to have only 2 drivers. Another disadvantage for only having 2 drivers, if 1 driver cant make the race and cant find a sub and only 1 is running, they won't receive any points for not meeting the 2 driver minimum that race.

I'm trying to do this so its fair to everyone and am trying not to over-complicate things. I think this format is certainly worth a test run with just an 8 race season.

1.) Points will be based on Team Average (DNS and DNR will not be accounted for)
2.) Minimum 2 driver's needed per race per team for points to count
3.) If a driver switches teams after season starts that driver will not be accounted for in the remaining races
4.) Must notify an admin or post on the forum for a substitute driver before the race starts
5.) Must notify an admin or post on the forum if you have a new driver starting for your team before that race starts

I will keep track of simple stats such as poles, wins, top 5's, top10's, laps led, bonus points. Again just sticking to the basic's trying not over-complicate anything.

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

Team standings will be moved to the CTS section on the forum.
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

nice job Donaldson like the way u did the team points