Heatfinder.net Thank you

Schedule testing and tweaking sessions for upcoming league races.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Heatfinder.net Thank you

Post by Rookiesrock »

http://www.heatfinder.net/index.php This saves you from entering the server to see if anyones in there. :grin: It updates every 60 seconds.
Reef
League Member

Re: Heatfinder.net Thank you

Post by Reef »

Let the masses rejoice!!!!! \:D/ :ezboardpimp \:D/ =D>
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

KEEP IN MIND IT IS STILL BEING DEVELOPED!
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

DusterLag wrote:KEEP IN MIND IT IS STILL BEING DEVELOPED!
yes it's still being developed, but it's a great tool to start using, and hopefully it will be used just like the old irf days. :grin:
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

thats really cool DaveO thanks i just cant wait to see pople in it lol but really i do like it lot it save me from going in and out of the server
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

I have a question about this...

In the past we have experienced some warping issues with ML and our league races. If some connect via Heatfinder and some don't, will it have an adverse effect on the overall connection of multiplayer?

Don't get me wrong, I think that this is a great program, I'm just trying to avoid some sticky situations in the race server due to some "funny" connections.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

The launcher for HeatFinder directly launches the game with the mod you like via the actual file, therefore I cannot see any reason that it should affect connection speeds, ect.. I will get Suchayo to chime in on this as he is the creator of the back end & program...
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

cool, ty. Just tryin to cover bases for smoother races
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Does this change your previous connection settings (ISDN, cable, etc.) on the multiplayer screen? We need to do some testing before we allow anyone to use this method to connect to the NHRL server.

Until we know more, everyone should continue to connect to the server with the IP address and use Heat Finder as a monitor (just like IRF in the old days).
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Before we allow? Please don't make me push you down biotch! I might let you know if I choose to use it. :-({|= :monkey2 :clubber
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Yes, allow, or we can resolve the potential dilemma by changing the info port and then the server status won't even be listed. If Heat Finder alters your connection options then it should not be used to connect to the server.

Can someone test this? I still can't get the connect link to work. :|
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

The launcher used only stores the IP into the options.cfg file, then launches the game for you... If you would try it yourselves.. lol .. it launches the game on the main screen screen, then you have to click on multiplayer then isdn and the find button.. & the ip for the selected server in HF will show in the find box for you.
This is not a middle man, it is a first man..

THIS WILL NOT BE THE REASON FOR ANY LAG OR AFFECT CONNECTION SPEEDS IN ANY WAY!

Also lepage would you like to take over the server on HF, sign up for a forum account & I will make it your property as it should be, I was using it for designing & development...
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I don't think the launcher works correctly on Windows Vista because my NASCAR Heat files are installed in virtual directories. Since Heat Finder is simply a webpage, I knew that wouldn't add lag to your connection, but I wasn't sure if the launcher placed you right in the server or opened the mod for you. I was hoping first for a real answer. Thanks Duster for the info (and I registered).
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

I just wanted to know if it had the same issues as ml did. thanks for replies
sucahyo
Forum Member

Post by sucahyo »

I hope this info of what nhlauncher do can help answer the question:

Everytime it launch, nhlauncher will associate himself with nheat:// url, so when we click this type of link, it will launch nhlauncher. This is why we should run it from heat directory. You must run this nhlauncher at least once to make the link work.

I just try it and NHlauncher will run from \\someoneelsecomputer\share too.

When go button is pressed, nhlauncher will modify "last_find_host" variable in options.cfg. currently will modify options.cfg in heat directory if no mods is specified, or modify options.cfg in mod directory if specified. No other variable currently changed, but it is possible if required. Like for instance, forcing anyone who click the link to have "high_detail_car" disabled. Connection setting will not be changed.

After modifying options.cfg, it will call heat with only -noautoplay parameter. And add -mod parameter if mod is specified. You must go to multiplayer screen to do multiplayer. the server you selected in web browser should be displayed on find server.

I don't know wether using nhlauncher can make warp problem or not, what cause this? But the nhlauncher run heat like what we normally do after modifying options.cfg. If the -noautoplay parameter is what cause the problem, I can remove it.
Convert track to Viper Racing, and some Nascar Heat .......
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

I believe that answered my question, ty much
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

You can also buy Nascar Heat. Install it on your computer. Enter the NHRL ip address and go racing. http://cgi.ebay.com/NASCAR-Heat-PC-Game ... 286.c0.m14