Iowa just lost more corn fields!

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Petty43
League Member

Iowa just lost more corn fields!

Post by Petty43 »

IOWA? Tues? Iowa Speedway chief executive officer Stan Clement promised big news and excitement but few details regarding a news conference planned for Tuesday at the track. But Clement, reached Saturday night by the Des Moines Sunday Register, confirmed the facility's designer, Rusty Wallace, would be in town for the event. He also said NASCAR will release its 2009 schedules for the Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Truck Series the same day.(Des Moines Register)(8-17-2008), see my 2009 Unofficial Sprint Cup Schedule page for dates and some rumors on my 2009 Schedule News and Rumors page.www.jayski.com
Petty43
League Member

Re: Iowa just lost more corn fields!

Post by Petty43 »

Also since we are talking about tracks. Nascar says it has the best drivers in the world. If you're the best you can drive any track. The chase does not include a Road Course. Which should be in the chase. Also what's always gotten me, is there is no short track in the chase. Bristol? Marty? Bristol is one of the hardest tickets to get your hands on. It's not even in the chase. Marty is another one. Then actually when it comes to watching races on t.v. the most boring races in the chase are the ones in the top 10. Don't get me wrong it's racing and i like it. Also all the races should be run underneath the lights. For the fans. It was so hot in Kansas City, on July 4th weekend to sit on metal bleachers with no shade, and the sun beating onto your skin, and into your eyes. The racing was awesome. Having to buy Noxema for my body, and smelling like Noxema for days was not. Just thought i'd throw that out there. We'll see when they come out with the official schedule what happens. Money talks. I bet more racetracks that are owned by Nasfrance will eventually all be moved into the chase. Care to buy a $10 turkey leg?
jrfan381
League Member

Post by jrfan381 »

Petty43 wrote:Also since we are talking about tracks. Nascar says it has the best drivers in the world. If you're the best you can drive any track. The chase does not include a Road Course. Which should be in the chase. Also what's always gotten me, is there is no short track in the chase.
In my opinion, Watkins Glen should be the road course in the Chase, and there is already a short track in the Chase...Martinsville
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

About Marty. Oops! Lol.