NBS Talladega

Post, recap, and debate unofficial results from recent league races.
efgordon
League Member

Re: NBS Talladega

Post by efgordon »

Rookiesrock wrote:Guess who? This person started 12th, moved up to 5th and fell to 18th all before turn 2. All while graciously wrecking 14 cars. Only 54.9 laps left.
wow, that sounds pretty wild

btw - my replay shows a bad grid start and it looks like the #1 even had contact before the green flag. not that it would have mattered much, but nevertheless
Big Mike
League Member

Post by Big Mike »

I want to apologize to Leapage and any one else that I got. :oops:
When my computer decided not to recognize my wheel in :ohno :argh
the middle of 1 and 2 then I just was a passenger. :ezboardmad
One of those computer things I guess and of course I got the big guy. :sob:
Why couldn’t it of been Jess (JK Jess). :jester
I hope I am just having an F***** upped sophomore slump kind of year! :rain: :ezboardsick :praying
And as far as the race goes I am sucking so bad this year I can't say munch :-# ](*,) :-&
By the way don't you just love these smilies :smileysideways
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

i just wanted to say sorry to every one on the start of the race my screan went off then came on kepp doing it reef is going to post me some thing that will fex it again i am very very vwery sorry every one
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Big Mike wrote:I want to apologize to Leapage and any one else that I got. :oops:
When my computer decided not to recognize my wheel in :ohno :argh
the middle of 1 and 2 then I just was a passenger. :ezboardmad
One of those computer things I guess and of course I got the big guy. :sob:
Why couldn’t it of been Jess (JK Jess). :jester
I hope I am just having an F***** upped sophomore slump kind of year! :rain: :ezboardsick :praying
And as far as the race goes I am sucking so bad this year I can't say munch :-# ](*,) :-&
By the way don't you just love these smilies :smileysideways
Np man. Its not like you to wreck people. You got into me but every1 has there days. Ok thanks EF it helps alot. But if any1 will teach me tips that'd be nice.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Ok guys here it is I messed up in my pitting i should have taken 4 tires the first stop, I took two and that was fine but the mistake was............... I NEVER TOOK LEFT SIDE TIRE THE ENTIRE RACE, almost made it , but the car got so loose at the end i could not hang on to it I mean it REALLY got bad loose, my fault for tring something i never tried in practice

I am REALLY REALLY REALLY ... did I say REALLY ...sorry for messing up anyones race I didnt want that to happen I remember coming back up the track hitting the wall and I tried to hold it into the wall (so everyone could pass low) but couldnt keep it there I dont think i will ever make that mistake again (not taking left sides)

Reef it was cool to hang behind ya for a little bit I learned some things about restrictor plate racing by watching you guys thanks very educational

once again sorry guys believe me I feel really bad :( :( :(

see ya at martinsville

Jess
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

O ya can someone send me a replay please :oops:
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Wild. How many times do we have to hear " My screen"? If your screen doesn't work why are you racing in a points event that people like myself spent all week practicing, that's 7 Days, and to be wrecked by you in the first 15 seconds on the FIRST Turn on the FIRST lap, is totally assnine. I've heard this excuse several times before. If i know this and you of course should know about your screen, then why the hell are you passing on the outside after the green flag, then you let of the gas, then come down and take me out? Why are you even trying to go to the front or mid pack? with "Your screen". Then stay in the back and gather experience if your "screen" is bad. I love hearing all your excuses, the real problem is that you need more track time, and a new screen. I've heard that excuse since you came around. Don't hear it much during the race since out of 6 NBS Races you have 3 DNF's. That's 50% i'll even do the math for you. You YGM guys have the best excuses. EX: My dog sat on my brake, you are warping, my screen turns off. Spider don't think you can just be quite and maybe this will be forgotten. I don't forget. Never have. Mistakes happen. These are not accidents, this is unexperienced drivers forcing 3 wide? On the first lap? I want you guys to tell me what you were thinking. Because i don't think like that so i have no clue reasoning behind this. The bottom line is this. I pride myself on being a clean, respectable driver on the track. Ask anybody here, they will say Petty is a clean racer. This is a veterans sim league. It's always been the elite. For you guys to come into this league, start this New team while most of Drivers here were racing here while your Mom and Dad's were wiping your ass, and putting baby powder on. You guys got one hell of a deal by getting accepted in this league. You 3 are the field fillers in my opinion. I don't even think you should be on the track myself. You guys are not racers, you're obstacles. No frickin respect.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=C6C83lwwxJ8
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

CR.. thank you for the drafting help after lepage was taken out...i had spoiler damage thats why we weren't that fast but all in all a good finish thank you for stick'n with me :grin:
Kyle
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

efgordon wrote:
Bmxtwins wrote:Petty I never hit you. We were drafting right before the finish line and then you went high , then scraping the wall. If i had saved my replay I would give to you. If it weren't for the 8 car pileup on the 3rd turn that would've been some race. I hung back then thought I was clear to go through the wreck but then 2 racers got loose and 1 just clipped my rb tire. Was still a good race =)

But how did Rathbun get 19th? The 96 was racing in front of me until the last lap and let me pass.

Your extreme inexperience with all things nascar heat is going to strangle you before you ever have a chance to develop into even a half decent racer.

I was right there (albeit slow and smashed up) and petty did not "go high". He might have moved around a bit on your computer screen, but that is a heat/internet problem. The cars you are racing are not always exactly where you think they are. Thats why inexperienced/over aggressive drivers try to shoot through holes that are not there all the time. In my world, only a complete moron would think petty was going "high". for what? what could he possibly be doing "going high" there instead staying in line like the 3 of us were? Not one single experienced driver in this league would have crashed petty right there like you did, not one. All 3 of us at that time were way off the pace of the leaders and not even in eye sight of anyone we were racing. ONLY A COMPLETE GREEN HORN INEXPERIENCED driver would even consider putting his car side by side with another car at that point. You have a LONG way to go before you understand how nascar heat online racing works. You should literally go into every race with one single goal. To find someone to follow. I know it sounds boring, but if you follow my advice you will have a f-ing blast next year racing with these guys in this league. You should never ever ever ever attempt ANY pass on ANY car that is at race speed. Follow, follow, follow and you will learn everything. If you dont take my advice, well, welcome to the league actlabs jr.

(i say this knowing full well that comparing actlabs to you is only an insult to actlabs at this point, but i still have a point. actlabs is light years more experienced than you and 500 times the better driver, however, he completely ruined his credibility back when he WAS like you and now nobody trusts him and nobody works in tandem with him on the track. do you really want to be that guy in 2 years? or a guy like petty who people like? your call)

its not a vast right wing conspiracy against you bmx, you really are a menace to the other drivers on the track. just chill the hell out and find the joy in following and finishing for a year, I PROMISE YOU WONT REGRET IT.

Wait! People like Petty? :shock: :lol: just kidding.
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

kyle wrote:CR.. thank you for the drafting help after lepage was taken out...i had spoiler damage thats why we weren't that fast but all in all a good finish thank you for stick'n with me :grin:
Np I had nothing better to do lol.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

i just wanted to say sorry to every one on the start of the race my screan went off then came on kepp doing it reef is going to post me some thing that will fex it again i am very very vwery sorry every one
Please mention these things during practice earlier in the week. There are always people that will help. If it happens suddenly before a race and there is no time to address it, pm an admin and they will helpfully advise you on how to manage the problem and still possibly race.
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Sigh, OK, here goes..the annual lecture to the noobs. Dude, you're getting advice, right now. Every comment in this and all the other threads by a vet is gold to you. Solid freakin' gold. Don't fall into the trap of not listening. We have a few of those already. You don't need help on the track. What the hell am I gonna do to help you on the track except try to dodge your slow/wrecking ass and tell you this...download a good setup (Lepage Race 1 setups are good for a noob). Spend at a minimum 5 hours, or 500 miles practicing that setup just to get a feel for the track, only making slight/obvious adjustments. Then, and only then, get in the server and race experienced driver's. Period, end of story. Quit yaw jackin and start practicing.

Hey, I didn't even break 1 paragraph with this year's lecture! Could someone find my old one from, like, 3 years ago and resurrect it? It would be the same story.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Sheesh, glad my daughters graduation party was this weekend.

Look, everyone has computer trouble or wheel trouble at one point of another.

One time, my wheel quit responding on lap 3 of a race I practiced all week for, and I was in a pretty good points race at the time. AS SOON AS I NOTICED that my wheel quit, I instantly disconnected myself from the race.

It's very selfish to try to troubleshoot at other driver's expense during a race. Disco yourself immediately, and then ask questions/ research your problem later.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

I like the dancing banana. He's pretty cool. I'd like to hang out with him on night, drink a few beers. Then get up on the dance floor, and start gettin' our groove on. I guess you can beat this discussion all night long. The real issue is actually improving the quality of drivers that are let in this league. I would rather race 15 good drivers vs. a field of 25 with 10 of them who can't drive.