Thank you letter, yeah that sounds good.

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
actlabs11
League Member

Thank you letter, yeah that sounds good.

Post by actlabs11 »

I personally want to thank everyone involved in this past Saturday’s race for absolute waist of time on a Saturday night. I want to give a personal shout out to DaveO, my man I should of never been around you going into turn 3 on lap one. I mean heave forbid you get boxed in behind lepage and have to work your way to the front like most drivers are suppose to do. Next time I’ll be sure to totally slam on my breaks so that you have plenty of room to make your move instead of having you come down across the nose of my car, putting me below the apron and spinning me out. I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated that.

I’m sure I’ll get penalized and maybe even suspended for posting this (even though I said no bad words or really said anything bad for that reason), but I’m just sick of it all. Every time I do something on the track to one of the big name teams (NHRL, LOB, TTR) I get (for lack of a much, MUCH better word) yelled at for it; then when I get bowled over by someone, nothing happens to them. Plus I love how I can’t speak my mind without getting an ear full, but I’m just throwing that out the door because it’s my right and I’m gonna use it; you can’t suspend or expel me for speaking my mind, it’s a right I have as an American. I’m just done, simple as that. I’m gonna finish out this season and really, REALLY think hard about coming back. Half because I have student teaching next year and then I’ll be job searching for teaching jobs, but also because I really feel this league caters to the major teams and major players. Donaldson, I commend you on being able to run with the big boys in Busch all year, you should be proud of that. I was last year when I was able to. So go ahead, post your replies on how I keep crying and complaining (even though I have a great point) and saying that I need to suck it up and what not. Here are the facts, I’ve sucked up enough crap in my life and it drove to the point of attempted suicide years ago. If I don’t vent then things will happen, simple as that. I know it may not be smart to post this going into Tally next week, but I don’t care, I’m done caring.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Re: Thank you letter, yeah that sounds good.

Post by Rookiesrock »

Looks like a form letter. Place dillhole's name here.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I’m sure I’ll get penalized and maybe even suspended for posting this (even though I said no bad words or really said anything bad for that reason)
Why type this? Has this ever happened?

The rest of your post doesn't make sense either...When reviewing a replay, I can't ever recall thinking about penalties and teams in the same stream of consciousness. I don't know what one has to do with the other. Your post is the first time I've thought about both at the same time. I'm trying to extract something understandable out of your letter, but I'm struggling.

I haven't seen the replay, so I'm not going to comment on any specific incident at Phoenix. I just know that whatever ruling happens for potential penalties, the decision will be fair and consistent as usual.

Every once in awhile, the "unfair admins" accusation surfaces. After multiple seasons, I have yet to see ONE example demonstrating such a situation. You need to provide evidence to avoid having posts like this being relegated to our mental "rubbish department."
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

What the heck. You have my name and Rookies name down here in two different threads with almost identical writing???/
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Nightstalker
Forum Member

Post by Nightstalker »

sounds like the pot calling the kettle black...(and no, thats not a racist remark)
Many of night, many drivers have been on the receiving end of you and your retardery. Feels kinda shitty to be on that end of the stick, dont it?

:-({|= :-({|= Let the pity party begin
Relentlessly Evil and 100% Right
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

Actlabs - This post explains a lot. You have issues. Not one single person in this league has LESS patience than you. Not one.

and dont worry about the spin that fouled me up. shit happens. dont get all complexed about it and go all suicidal, its not worth it. you can unintentionally wreck me a million times and it wont be nothing to me compared to the far too often times when i get "bowled over" by you.

If you are wondering why Donaldson competes at the same level as the big teams, its because he has speed, car control, and patience. all 3 are required for consistent success. Not one single person has ever survived on a consistent level without PATIENCE. Dont get me wrong, several hot shoes have come and gone and each one had plenty of car control and speed and even won races. However, no human being can survive this league without PATIENCE. Either you will eventually learn to pick your shots and setup passes, or you will go away mad just like all the others. If you haven't noticed, EVERYONE in this league can drive fast. The only thing that separates us every week is mistakes. I PROMISE YOU, your mistakes are 99.999999% of the time are due to impatience.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Actlabs, I reviewed the cup replay and had Skoty review it also this morning. On lap I you bumped into the back of lepages car, I was right behind you at this moment, so I went high to avoid getting into the back of your car at that time... I then proceeded to cleanly pass you on the outside. When in the process of this happening it's up to both of us to keep our cars under control. I had plenty of room to come back down, then all of a sudden your right there on my ass again.. Whats your email I'll glady show you my replay. My car never touched your car. It looks like you hit the apron and spun..
Last edited by DaveO on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Before the nbs race last night, during happy hour, I private message you, asking you why you were blocking like crazy, and driving totally erratic. You told me it's cuz you wanted to see what it was like to drive in 2nd place.. Everytime I'm near you on the track it makes me nervous as hell. Maybe I make you nervous also I have no freakin clue. But if you need to vent or bitch go right ahead I've got broad shoulders, I don't want to see you become sucidal you really got me worried mate..
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

i just wanted to thank every one for haven me on the league. i really injoy racing with u all .its a very fun league to race in and i meet really nice pople here. hope every one still be around for next seasions to come i know i will be around.as long as the league is up and going .
thank form
wild child
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

No joke, I am professionally qualified to responde to some of your comments, given your personal history you briefly shared with us. Feel welcome to PM me if you want to talk. Venting is one thing, but how far do you let the aggrevation go? I will second that, patience is the key here on the track, but that doesn't always prevent bad fortune. That's where dealing with issues personally come into play. I had been at the top of this league years ago. I had the time to practice then, especially with IRF up. I've had a big personal adjustment coming back this year. I can tell you that there really is great racing up front, but I've had to back off and check myself more, running in the back half of the field. It wasn't easy for me. It is tough back there some times. Granted that maybe I've just not been around you that much in a while on the track, but if all is constant in that respect, I think that you are getting better. You can't let one big unfortunate incident in a race get to you that much. It's better than bouncing off walls and cars the whole race. I don't think I'm alone in that I've been frustrated enough before that I had to deal with personal issues of either changing my attitude or bailing for my own sake. It's our competitive nature. This racing has a lot of fun to offer though, and good friendship. Plus, I spent way too much on my new computer, primarily for racing in this league, to give it up. LOL :lol: Now I just need a consistent connection and more practice. :biggrin: