Thanks for everything

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Busch Series.
retroracer
League Administrator

Thanks for everything

Post by retroracer »

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know I'm going to have to take some time off.My work schedule and my family situation right now just isnt allowing me enough time to practice.I had just told CR earlier this weekend that I just wasnt coming to the track prepared.Actlabs I'm sorry about tonight,I know I shoulda stayed up high but I thought I could get off the track before you guys got there.You calling me a JACKA$$,has nothing to do with this decision,lol,I guess I deserved that.
But when you cant prepare,even when you try to do something good it will always backfire,just like tonight.I qualified in the rear to stay outta the way,but had a pretty good car,DaveO seemed a bit better so I moved up to let him go,what happens at the same time I move up.......somebody catches the apron and knocks CR right up in front of me,nothing more than being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
I have thoroughly enjoyed running with you guys and still say this league is the best,but right now I feel I may be becoming a hazard.Rookie thanks for putting me on your team,CR,I will stay up with you on the local racing happenings.
Hopefully you guys will run the trucks again this winter and I can be ready by then.{That seems to be the only thing I'm halfass good at ,lol}Those of you who know what happened with my brother last winter will understand why I need to spend as much time with my other brother and dad as I posssibly can,right now.
No pity party here I promise you,just feel right now this is the best thing to do.Who knows ol'JACKA$${lmao} may get time to practice enough to run another race or two before the season is over.Hey if any offyo wanna contact me I'm working on a new myspace page,modman45,or just Lee Stimpson,not JACKA$ is my name there.Once again Actlabs sorry about that,you know I wouldn't have done it on purpose.
Thanks again guys ,see you this winter for sure.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
lepage71
League Administrator

Re: Thanks for everything

Post by lepage71 »

Sorry to hear that! I don't think you're a problem at all, even without the practice, so I hope you'll reconsider. We'll likely run another CTS mini-series, especially since CUP/NBS ends in late September. As for the actlabs incident, he's facing a sizeably penalty because profanity directed at other league members is not tolerated.
jrfan381
League Member

Post by jrfan381 »

Its been fun to race with you Retro...hope to see you back on the track later this season
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Sorry to see ya hangin it up for awhile man, as far as I'm concerned you'll always have a slot on the roster and will be welcome at any time. Don't be a stranger.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

retro - you are not the jackass here. there is no crime in simply trying to run a clean race and failing in that attempt. we have all been there. i can think of numerous guys who have come and gone around here with less than a fraction of your character. I am sure almost every driver in this league will agree with me. the guy who called you an ass has caused more wrecks in this league than all other members combined. he should zip it and work on his own over zealous driving habits.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Don't hang that helmet up very long. Keep putting that helmet on and off. Hope to see you on the track soon.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

You've been a great addition to this league as well as to MAX racing team. You take care of Gilda and yourself and we'll keep the light on for ya.
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

Rookiesrock wrote:You've been a great addition to this league as well as to MAX racing team. You take care of Gilda and yourself and we'll keep the light on for ya.
Thanks alot Rook,and all you other guys,I appreciate it.Things are coming around a little better for me now,I hope to be back for the Phoenix NBS race.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

cool. I missed your post in June but hope to run with ya again soon.
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

d3efan wrote:cool. I missed your post in June but hope to run with ya again soon.
Well shoot you still saw this post earlier then normal.