Cup Indy RC

Post about an upcoming absence and search for substitute drivers.
DaveO
League Member

Cup Indy RC

Post by DaveO »

I know it's two weeks away. But does anyone need a sub for IndyRC cup? :grin:
Last edited by DaveO on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
camry
League Member

Re: Cup Indy RC

Post by camry »

I'm assuming this is the next track on the schedule? If so, I'd appreciate a fellow LOD member stepping in from the NBS series and being a "road course ringer" for me.

Let me know if you are interested!!

Thanks,
Will
Free Agent
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

NP. I'll sub for ya..
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

DaveO, Petty Racing has been building some COT Road Course cars, was looking for somebody to drive the second Petty Racing #44 Dodge. Let me know if your interested, I think you'd be a good fit with the guys in the shop and have some fun for the race weekend. Please contact Petty43@ the NHRL Forum, with you're reply. Sponsorship is secured, it's just getting your reply fast, so we can a jump start on all the Die Cast cars and other Petty Racing gear. The seat will be available for road courses and other races for the rest of the year, so if you had other commitments, we understand at Petty Racing. Just looking to get somebody in the new COT cars with a great road course racer, to help us out a bit. Hope to hear from you.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Petty43 wrote:DaveO, Petty Racing has been building some COT Road Course cars, was looking for somebody to drive the second Petty Racing #44 Dodge. Let me know if your interested, I think you'd be a good fit with the guys in the shop and have some fun for the race weekend. Please contact Petty43@ the NHRL Forum, with you're reply. Sponsorship is secured, it's just getting your reply fast, so we can a jump start on all the Die Cast cars and other Petty Racing gear. The seat will be available for road courses and other races for the rest of the year, so if you had other commitments, we understand at Petty Racing. Just looking to get somebody in the new COT cars with a great road course racer, to help us out a bit. Hope to hear from you.
Petty thanks for the great offer.. But I'm only driving NBS this season and only subbing in the Cup series occasionaly to have some fun! :grin: I don't have the kind of time like I use to in the old days to devote to two series fulltime.
Last edited by DaveO on Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

drat! there goes my chance to ditch a race and gain that #1 tiebreaker. i wish i coulda reached out sooner dave.

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
:badgrin:
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

That tie-breaker rule's supposed to mean least races scored, not least races attended. It was written in 2002, before there were "Did Not Race" or "DNR" finishes...back then, you were either at an event or you weren't (0 points). However, even if it was least races attended, it is not possible to actually benefit by skipping an event. You forfeit a good finish by skipping an event, meaning another driver who does not skip an event has one more "good race" to work with in comparison.

It's a five-season typo that has never been fixed. Until tomorrow...
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

lepage71 wrote:That tie-breaker rule's supposed to mean least races scored, not least races attended. It was written in 2002, before there were "Did Not Race" or "DNR" finishes...back then, you were either at an event or you weren't (0 points). However, even if it was least races attended, it is not possible to actually benefit by skipping an event. You forfeit a good finish by skipping an event, meaning another driver who does not skip an event has one more "good race" to work with in comparison.

It's a five-season typo that has never been fixed. Until tomorrow...
lmao
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

You didn't notice all that time...just like you never found:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

When somebody isn't available for subbing, you are more than welcome to run under the Petty Racing Banner in the COT Series, i'm sure LOD will let you. I got plenty of paper, and a whole lot of pens to ink it up! Heh Heh. I'm willing to work with LOD, to ensure that none of your previous commitments are not interupted on such a awesome and fun venture. Come on over for a race when you can. Petty Racing is always looking for a great driver for some fun for the raceweekends.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

I just like subbing occasionally in Cup. End of story!