Petty's Corner

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Petty43
League Member

Petty's Corner

Post by Petty43 »

The following is a tryout version to see if you guys would like this..kind of a rip off from the nascar top 25. The following comments are not the opinions NHRL, or it's Administrators.
30-Goober- With only race this year, looks like it will open up a spot for somebody.
29-DavisV- Posting his cars just right before Brands I thought DavisV would come back for some road coursing. Good for him since it rained.
28-Ygm Diesel- Diesel prices are going up, maybe that's why he's not been at the track.
27-McSkippy- I'll just McSkippy this one.
26-Jes Rathbun- Has flames on his car this year. Can he ignite the fire this year?
25-EBurchell- EBurchell who?
24-YGM Jesse- Been showing improvement on the track. Good job.
23-Trackmaster- Actually looks like he's somewhat mastering the track a bit. Time will tell.
22-SpeedyeXite- Exit pits, entering pits, hey it's all in the name.
21-Ramrock47- Hasn't been a "rock" this season so far, even at the "rock".
20-Jrfan381- Been absent a lot lately. Hey, I need a new paint!
19-Laserman- Just wait until he gets a wheel, he might suprise a few guys.
18-actlabs11- The lab has been prescribing "sleep" meds, time to get on the wheel.
17-Dirtzero- Been doing pretty good on pavement.
16-camry- Can't blame it on the toyota, Joe Gibbs just won one for toyota.
15-bover907- Put a tremendous amount of time on the new mod. Which has turned out some great racing. Great Job Bover!
14-Stick77- Been getting the wrong end of the stick so far this year.
13-SkotySpeed- Hasn't been a great year for this Admin. so far. Last, among the 3. Since he's having a slow start on the track i wonder if that is the reason behind the "ez" entry.
12-BigMike- He'll be coming on "Big" here in the next few races.
11-CR49- Has had some bad luck this year. Play Social Distortion.
10-Petty- 1-800-BE-PETTY
9-Kyle- When will he not get a penalty, and win a race? Soon?
8-Grove- Was seen by his neighbors doing a strange, yet spiritual rain dance in his backyard this past saturday. Confirmed reports say, his blood/alcohol was below the legal limit of .08.
7-Reef- Been doing a lot of passing, and not puffing.
6-Donaldson- The only driver out of the top 5 in points who has finished all 4 races in the Top Ten.
5-d3efan- Ahh it's nice to see the 3 car once again.
4-efgordon- Another LOD in the...yeah yeah.
3-adamj- I believe the guy so far this year who has had the most bad luck resulting in precipitation, and the funny thing is...the rain isn't even on OUR track.
2-Lepage- Comment subject to randomly change.
1-Rookiesrock- First is this guys middle name. Or is it Cleo? Who knows?
d3efan
League Administrator

Re: Petty's Corner

Post by d3efan »

I like it!
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

I vote for them to take down the IROC challenge section and replace it with Petty's Corner
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

LOL, We'll definately find out who the thick skinned amongst us are after a few weeks of this.

Anything is good, I think. We all just like reading this ish. Unfortunately, it just takes a lot longer to make it up, then to sit and enjoy it.

keep it up.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
jrfan381
League Member

Post by jrfan381 »

=D> Nice job Petty
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Attention! Attention! Read all about it! Hey i'm out of my sickness so get ready to practice, and just to clarify. Petty's Corner can only be updated, if the site is updated, so get on lepage to have him update points sooner...And let's all bring the attention to since we have a couple weeks off to boycott INDYRC, and run only in game tracks. Also, i did not run the Busch Series so there will be no race review, plus i heard it was pretty nuts so it's basically would be this guy hit this guy etc. Only a few drivers showed up at the race, so that showed how much the NRHL rubes mis-voted or mis-calculated the totals. Basically the review was-it was a crappy track, with nobody showing up to race since you had to download it first, and everybody had no practice except a few guys, should have seen the outcome of this one. If it wasn't for the posted ''setup'' (im sure the guy who posted it "actually" ran that setup lol), but still it was a great move. Also since i only ran 88 laps of my god forsaken race at Richmond there will be no race review. Yeah I know guys, it just hasn't been a great few weeks for me, but we will get out of this haze for the rest of the year, and have some good wholesome fun. I just want everybody to know, that my Smackdown page, is only in fun and good humor, and hopefully is a tool to let everybody know, even myself when we are sucking on the track. It's to MOTIVATE, than anythingelse. Aren't we all here to better ourselves? With that i will leave this in closing. Boycott non-sactioned races not supported by the original game, or busch series mod immediately! Oh yeah and i will be doing a cross over with the busch series to cup with the smackdown shit...EXample...DaveO--Started Running full time Busch Series, since he knew Petty43 could not sub for him anymore in the Cup Series. Stuff like that. Lol. Lata! Tom. practice....around 7 or so p.m.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

well, if I am correct this is the third year that the NHRL has run IRP (Renamed to ORP in the real world). Plenty of us have had this track downloaded for a couple years now, and been tweaking sets for two years.

As for brands hatch. most agreed it was a fun race.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

Personally I wouldn't mind running IRP again. It's a tricky track,but it wasn't totally unraceable. EF had a couple good setups already on the site before the race and the one Dave posted on the site was the one I used and I believe he did too. All I did was change tape and gears and pretty much had a top 4-6 car. I unfortunatly got into a wreck that I got right much damage in that probably cost me those spots,but other then then that I stayed out of trouble. I just think its a place you need some laps on and if we ran it again people know more of what to expect now so I think it would be improved. I really don't think downloading the track is that big of an issue. I'm sure theres some who don't like it but you can always delete it after your done if your worried about space or anything like that. If your not sure how to put it in ask someone on here.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

CR49 wrote:Personally I wouldn't mind running IRP again. It's a tricky track,but it wasn't totally unraceable. EF had a couple good setups already on the site before the race and the one Dave posted on the site was the one I used and I believe he did too. All I did was change tape and gears and pretty much had a top 4-6 car. I unfortunatly got into a wreck that I got right much damage in that probably cost me those spots,but other then then that I stayed out of trouble. I just think its a place you need some laps on and if we ran it again people know more of what to expect now so I think it would be improved. I really don't think downloading the track is that big of an issue. I'm sure theres some who don't like it but you can always delete it after your done if your worried about space or anything like that. If your not sure how to put it in ask someone on here.
Hey CR49, you are correct I did run that setup!! I wouldn't mind running IRP again either it's a fun and challenging track to race, I had a blast racing it, and CR is totaly correct you just need to run some laps at that track and learn your marks, just like any other track we race.
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!