BRAND HATCH

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Busch Series.
DaveO
League Member

Re: BRAND HATCH

Post by DaveO »

I know the cali cup race sucked last night, and we probably coulda ran the race. But since I can remember going back 4 or 5 years, NHRL has always given us saturday or sunday nights off whenever there was a Cup race on TV. To me Cup racing on TV is like watching NFL or the Giants playing football.. 8)
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

There are three things that smell like fish...one of them is fish.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

But since I can remember going back 4 or 5 years, NHRL has always given us saturday or sunday nights off whenever there was a Cup race on TV.
This is true, but there was a NHRL scheduled race, and quite a few of us put alot of time into practicing and getting ready, only to have it pulled an hour before racetime. Disappointing.
adamj
League Member

Post by adamj »

and the race was my opportunity to have my girlfriend leave the house, when the race was cancelled she stayed. thanks NHRL
just kidding lol
LOD # 66 busch
# 42 cup
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

adamj wrote:and the race was my opportunity to have my girlfriend leave the house, when the race was cancelled she stayed. thanks NHRL
just kidding lol
LMAO @ Adam..
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

LOL @ ADUM
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

I decided when the Daytona 500 was on to come down off my soapbox,and lift the boycot of watching Nascar races.So I sat down in the ol reclyner turned on the tube to watch the race,I sat there and sat there and thought wow this is the longest commercial I have ever seen,when is the race coming on ? THEN I realized if I looked beyond all the crap that was being displayed across the bottom of my tv screen and the constant banner streaming across the top if I looked hard enough in the background there was a race going on.Back to the boycot.Sorry guys,but yes I send them $180 every year for a license,to go see good Saturday night racing and occasionally get to run in one,but this crap they put on tv,other than the truck races suck.
Read a good article today in Speedway Illustrated on how for the second year in a row tv ratings were down.Ticket sales also.Seems alot of analyst are coming to realize what a bunch of us ol timers have been saying,everything is to identical and not only do the cars not have any character,but their are no "characters"driving them.They all have the same ol programmed speach after each race,and I understand trying to make it a family sport,but have you ever been to a hockey game and not seen a good fight,or a bench clearing brawl at a baseball game? Dont seem to hurt their attendance,but then again they aint having to answer to multi-million dollar sponsors to keep their game going.I'll have to give it to the people at Goodwrench,no matter how much crap Earnhardt kept stirred up they knew they had a good thing going.I see that in reality they didnt get rid of the IROC series,they just renamed it Sprint Cup.
OOOOHHHH how I long for the good ol days of ESPN race coverage,you guys remember them dont you,you know the network that carried Nascar to the top.Only to get the boot once they got there.
OK,sorry my rant is over,lol,just got caught up in it and couldn't stop.There is a high possibility I could be caught in a time warp or something,my favorite bands are Rare Earth,Grand Funk Railroad and the Stones.I still watch AMC more than "The Biggest Loser" or any other "reality" series.I guess maybe I need to be a more "progressive" thinker,and move outta the past and into the present.
NHRL rules and I'd race every night if I could,keep up the good work guys,what ever call you make I'll always be at the next race. I enjoy being with all you guys whenever I can ,great group of guys here,all of you.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

our racing/drama on here is more exiciting than the crap on tv...i love how Dw and larry said that california race was one of the most exiciting races theyve seen.

what F*(# ing race were they watching???

I cant even stand to hardley watch it anymore, they have like 3 hours of prerace before the actual race. and then at the end they always make up all this drama that is complete crap.. and last years bogus "debris" cautions..good god..and theyve comepletly ruined the bristol events..that track you could always count on to be exciting and now its a bore fest.

as for the brands hatch makeup race, i say we run it this sunday after the nbs texas race..have the texas race at 9:00 - 9:45 then have an hour break..then have the brands race from 11:00 to 11:45..either that or run it from 9-9:45 on saturday before the cup event..i know alot of people have been pracisting really hard for it, would be a good way to do it while everyone is still fresh off the road course practising in my opinion.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Yeah guys really California is never a great race to watch for the last 5 years. Debris...man they need to come up with a new hotdog holder. The best part about the California race is the last few laps, and on top of that it's the second race of the season. Also they made me stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning. Heh Heh. Nevertheless, I agree with Donaldson on the Brands make up. Gotta be within some type of "rule" to make up. Like 2 weeks maxiumum. As Donaldson points out, a lot of guys have been putting time in recently, so they somewhat still have fresh minds. I second that Don.