setup questions posible/wheel adjustment

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
DIRTZERO
League Member

setup questions posible/wheel adjustment

Post by DIRTZERO »

I noticed when i was practicing at texas. That going down the backstretch the car does not stay strait. It darts to the left. Now im not sure if this is cause any race car that always turns left is gonna be setup to always turn to the left better. Or maybe its a problem with my wheel. But it seemed fine at daytona. Is there something I can or should be adjusting to fix this?

also what is a good lap time at texas in the cot cars.

thanks,
cot #13 Bookoo energy drink

"Rubbing is not always racing"
bover907
League Administrator

Re: setup questions posible/wheel adjustment

Post by bover907 »

You're correct in assuming that your car is pulling left because it's set up to turn left, and also because the straightaway is banked, making ur car pull left.... You'll also experience this in ur real car on a highway when entering a banked highway turn.

There's an adjustment in the garage to fix this.... It's the "Trim" adjustment at the bottom of the list of adjustments on the left side of the garage screen. Typical values for a mile and a half Quad-oval (texas, lowes, atlanta) are .25, .50, or .75, whichever you're most confortable with.

I just set mine to where the car drives straight on the backstretch.

Hope this helps.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DIRTZERO
League Member

Post by DIRTZERO »

thanks bover, What exactly is trim tho.
cot #13 Bookoo energy drink

"Rubbing is not always racing"
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

LOL.....it's in the game. I say just turn a little right. :badgrin:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Trim is a phony adjustment added to heat in a patch. It's exactly for what you were asking about; offsetting the car's natural pull to the left. You won't find it on a real race car. Only in Nascar Heat.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

bover907 wrote:Trim is a phony adjustment added to heat in a patch. It's exactly for what you were asking about; offsetting the car's natural pull to the left. You won't find it on a real race car. Only in Nascar Heat.
I keep thinking I heard at one time it was suppose to represent adjusting the front valiance(air dam). I'm not going to swear to that, but I keep thinking thats what I heard. Representing where they got to mess with the valiance at the very bottom of the nose at one point to get more front downforce. I guess if thats true now its adjusting the splitter lmao.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Nah, unfortunately, we can't mess with the splitter.... If it's possible in heat, (which it may very well be, I know there's a lot of open wheel mods out there, and I can't imagine they all don't have a front wing adjustment....) I didn't see it, and didn't attempt to mess with any of that stuff anyway.

Cut your trim to 0, and your car will pull left. Put a bunch of trim in, and if you put too much in, it'll actually pull right.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image