some questions on pitting for the cot's

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
DIRTZERO
League Member

some questions on pitting for the cot's

Post by DIRTZERO »

As some of you know im a rookie in aspalt this year. I have ran lots of heat mods mostly dirt tho. Altho it seems I cant always get my pitstops down. I come into the pits at 55 I stay on the outside of the pit road and pull into my pit stall as even and good as I can but sometimes my pit guys wont do anything lol I usally have to back up and pull in as much as 5 times. What am i doing wrong? I have tried getting close to the pit wall and furthur away from it. Any tips to what I am doing wrong? Cause i know on most heat games you can go into the pit stall sideways and it still activates the pits.

ps. I have read the rules and when we are pitting when do you want us to drop down to the apron? going into 3 or off of 4.

thanks guys any help is truly apreciated
cot #13 Bookoo energy drink

"Rubbing is not always racing"
bover907
League Administrator

Re: some questions on pitting for the cot's

Post by bover907 »

you are probably passing your pit crew. how to judge your pit position right depends on your driving view. On oval tracks that came with heat, usually placing your car right into the box works great. On road courses, and a lot of add on tracks, the pit boxes are messed up. What you want to do here is center your car on the crew themselves. just keep practicing bud. Also, if things go bad during the race, be aware of the people pitting in front of and in back of you. You don't want to hit them.

Just keep practicing. when you sucessfully pit in practice, save the replay, and go look at where you stopped your car. keep practicing, and you'll get a feel for it, bud. 8)
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

make sure your brakes get to 100% or the pit crew will not come out.
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Post by Skoty Speed »

I think ef hit the nail on the head here. Sounds like your not pressing the brake all the way down when in your stall. ....and you must be on the apron BEFORE turn 3 when entering the pits
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Skoty writes
and you must be on the apron BEFORE turn 3 when entering the pits
Except at Daytona and Tally. There you drop to the lower lane thru 3 and 4 exiting the racing surface off 4.
DIRTZERO
League Member

Post by DIRTZERO »

thanks efgordon and bover907 for the help today.My problem was my brakes were not at 100%.
cot #13 Bookoo energy drink

"Rubbing is not always racing"