teams

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
adamj
League Member

teams

Post by adamj »

i was thinking about it, and i dont know whos who as far as team affiliations go. so lets hear it, which team are you on for this season?
LOD # 66 busch
# 42 cup
efgordon
League Member

Re: teams

Post by efgordon »

LOD = Reef, Camry, efgordon, adamj, and Dave0
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I think DaveO's an independent driver...and has actually been on two different teams SINCE leaving LOD. :grin:

I know we don't mention this much, but we have a team-member limit of four. A team could hypothetically ignore this and have five or more drivers but for league purposes, we only recognize four.

Eventually we will get the team stuff going on the website but we've been pre-occupied fixing more important season elements recently...I'll make a basic teams page soon, however...
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Team Thunder Racing
  • D3efan
  • bover907
  • Ramrock47
  • DavisV
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

[

A team could hypothetically ignore this and have five or more drivers but for league purposes, we only recognize four.

Okay Lepage.. I'll just drive for everyone!!! LMAO
Last edited by DaveO on Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

lepage71 wrote:I think DaveO's an independent driver...and has actually been on two different teams SINCE leaving LOD. :grin:

I know we don't mention this much, but we have a team-member limit of four. A team could hypothetically ignore this and have five or more drivers but for league purposes, we only recognize four.

Eventually we will get the team stuff going on the website but we've been pre-occupied fixing more important season elements recently...I'll make a basic teams page soon, however...

i dont see a single mention of that in the rules. not as of yesterday anyway.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Teams have been a for-fun thing, therefore not mentioned in the league rules. When this issue has come up, we've reminded everyone about the four-car requirement and they have planned accordingly (TTR, MAX, etc.). The original reasoning behind this unnofficial agreement among drivers was that too many members on one team could negatively affect races in some way. However, ef just forgot or never know about this requirement so I understand his confusion. In contrast, I know DaveO knew about this guideline (we've talked about it numerous times on AOL) and apparently he missed the boat on the simple math for LOD in 2008. :P

To avoid hurt feelings on this situation, we'll allow all teams to have FIVE drivers listed on the NHRL website. Therefore, those teams that have been purposelly limiting themselves to four for several seasons can add an additional driver to be "official for the league."
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Thanks skoty and lepage for making it possible for everyone to have 5 drivers to a team. :grin:
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

lepage71 wrote:Teams have been a for-fun thing, therefore not mentioned in the league rules. When this issue has come up, we've reminded everyone about the four-car requirement and they have planned accordingly (TTR, MAX, etc.). The original reasoning behind this unnofficial agreement among drivers was that too many members on one team could negatively affect races in some way. However, ef just forgot or never know about this requirement so I understand his confusion. In contrast, I know DaveO knew about this guideline (we've talked about it numerous times on AOL) and apparently he missed the boat on the simple math for LOD in 2008. :P

To avoid hurt feelings on this situation, we'll allow all teams to have FIVE drivers listed on the NHRL website. Therefore, those teams that have been purposelly limiting themselves to four for several seasons can add an additional driver to be "official for the league."
I remember the 4 thingy, but i thought that was a year or so ago when there was talk around the water cooler about keeping team points and stuff. I thought it was 4 per series too. When that fizzled out, i figured it just didnt matter how many people you had on a team. I just dont keep up with all that stuff good enough i guess. Thanks for the update.
camry
League Member

Post by camry »

What if I don't want DaveO on my team?

:twisted:
Free Agent
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

camry wrote:What if I don't want DaveO on my team?

:twisted:
lmao @ camry cya at tona goofball!!!