Make up my mind...

DaveO
League Member

Re: Make up my mind...

Post by DaveO »

Rookiesrock wrote:
Rookiesrock wrote:
I sense the frustration comes from the fact that most drivers wanted to help anyway and everyway they could. And now it seems too late for productive input.
Also Ef, apparently this COT mod has permissions for NHRL only. So organized racing of it is prohibited. I hear there's a COT mod out there somewhere.

hahahaha thats the funniest thing i heard all day.
It is true EF. This mod cannot be used in an organized league outside NHRL. Ask Bover.. He'll tell you.
EF. he's 100 percent correct. It can only be used by NHRL.. You see when u build a mod, sometimes you need permission to you other modders stuff, and to make a long story short. It's to be used for NHRL only.
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Rookiesrock wrote:It is true EF. This mod cannot be used in an organized league outside NHRL. Ask Bover.. He'll tell you.
Actually the reason for that is because of the manner in which I asked for, and was granted permission to chop and use the templates from Tucknut (@ masgrafx). I told him it will be a league specific mod, only for the use of a 25-30 member racing league.

Tucknut was very grateful that I asked permission to use his stuff instead of stealing it.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

Rookiesrock wrote:
Rookiesrock wrote:
I sense the frustration comes from the fact that most drivers wanted to help anyway and everyway they could. And now it seems too late for productive input.
Also Ef, apparently this COT mod has permissions for NHRL only. So organized racing of it is prohibited. I hear there's a COT mod out there somewhere.

It is true EF. This mod cannot be used in an organized league outside NHRL. Ask Bover.. He'll tell you.
"organized" hahaha. I know atleast one league out there that could never pass the "organized" test.

who is the nhrl legal advisor? oh man, that is just too funny. better yet, who is bover's legal team? Does the nhrl have a non compete clause in the contract? can bover now not make another simular mod without being sued by the nhrl? at worst, the only thing that could ever happen to ANYONE who downloaded this mod and didnt SELL ITS USE, would be eviction from the league. which by the way, is already an option the league has to do to anyone for anything at anytime, simply because it is a private league. The whole "use with permission" thing has one single usefull purpose. If someone did download this "program" and used it for profit, real lawyers paid for by nascar and/or hasbro would be interested and this "permission" thing would get someones ass out of the frying pan.

it also reminds me that i need to update my own papers/agreement with hooters. i dont want to end up in court over my tex files. hahahahaha
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

DaveO wrote:
Rookiesrock wrote:
Rookiesrock wrote:

EF. he's 100 percent correct. It can only be used by NHRL.. You see when u build a mod, sometimes you need permission to you other modders stuff, and to make a long story short. It's to be used for NHRL only.
hahaha. i cant help it, this is still a funny subject to me.

This is more of an exersize in etiquette to other mod builders than law.

F. Lee Gordon
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

That's exactly what it is. An exercise in ediquette. See I asked to use some stuff, and told the person when I was asking for it, that I was just going to keep it in our league. It's called respecting other people's hours of work. I dont' see what's so funny about that.

The only part of the painting templates I made was the new charger grille and headlights. All the other shit in the templates comes from different templates that a guy at masgrafx made for various nr2003 cars. I just chopped and put where appropriate.

Edit: Furthermore, the reason it's a 'private' mod is because I asked for it to be that way. Don't worry, my next 'project' will be a public project that I will make for the 'masses'. What will that be, you ask? I ain't tellin! ha ha....
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

bover907 wrote: I dont' see what's so funny about that.
Ok, so its not the subject that is funny to me as much as the context which it was mentioned.

If you read my very first post, its obvious that i didnt know all the particulars about this new mod buisness. I even thought there was a possiblity that there was a labor/management issue and this "cot mod" would not be used by the nhrl. Under those conditions, i would have supported you 100% and would have volunteered to join others in using it for a spinoff type of thing. I am very happy and excited that you and the league had a meeting of the minds and middle ground was found. I cant wait to start practicing and move on to the season.

I dont think doing the right thing...aka asking for permission to use other peoples stuff, is a bad thing or funny or cause for mockery. Ediquette is a good thing. The notion that "you" couldent do what you wanted was funny to me, thats all. If i said it once, i have said it 100 times, i am very greatfull to anyone who puts all this effort into these things that provide me with countless hours of fun. That goes for you, the league, and anyone else who pitches in. I wish i could, but i dont know shit about most of the issues you guys deal with.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

EFgordon wrote
If i said it once, i have said it 100 times, i am very greatfull to anyone who puts all this effort into these things that provide me with countless hours of fun. That goes for you, the league, and anyone else who pitches in. I wish i could, but i dont know shit about most of the issues you guys deal with.

So very true. I feel the same way. Thank you.