CTS Martinsville

Post, recap, and debate unofficial results from recent league races.
CR49
League Member

Re: CTS Martinsville

Post by CR49 »

bover907 wrote:Lmao @ retro... CR49 isn't a rookie, but a past veteran just out of retirement.
Might as well be a rookie had more track time in NHRL in one Busch race then I did the whole time I ran NHRL before :lol: I also really don't see where he said I was a rookie.
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

Look guyus,...I spun myself out on lap 5 and I collected Kyle I Apologize to you Kyle and I dont know how many others in the prosses trying to stay out of the way and get to the pits,. I think maybe Reef,. and on lap 25 I hit lepage who was trying to avoid an incident on the track and I apologize to you lepage,..and on lap 36 I Hit YGM_Diesel and got spun out again and at this point in the race I was pissed off and frustated and I was thinking of doing some divbombing of my own but I pulled off the track on lap 87 to quit and just sat there,......and I thought to myself what was it like when I first started running Nascar Heat???? And I realized that everybody starts out as rookeis,..you have that fear factor,...what we need to do is welcome them in and try to teach them the ways of NHRL racing not make them a$$holes and and make them afraid to compete,...After the race we where all bitching and complaineing about how them stupid a$$ rookeis fouled everything up for us vett NHRL racing guys,...so as a result they went up to there chanle. Well I went up to there and I tried to talk to them,..I asked them,..do you guys do any practice during the week? And I told them that they needed to put in at leased 5 hours a week minium or 500 laps,..and they needed to practice pitting,...and I told them that if they were having problems with the way they are running/setups that we would help them out,..and I TOLD THEM THAT THEY NEED TO BE AT OUR PRACTICE SESSONS TO GET THAT INFO,...and they responed with,.......Well they wont help us now, nobody will lisson to us because you all are all pissed off,..And I said,....yes we will,...But you all have to showup at practice sessons so we can work with you. And you all need to talk to us,......I tried to get them to go down and talk to us then but they were to afriad to do so,...So I told them that I for one would be willing to help them,..all I can say is,....Remember what it was like when you where a roockie trying to run with those Big Guns those fast guys,....I'm just saying remember those times because I sure do.
Ramrock47
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Not so sure I can sympathize with you on that one Russ. Not on the reaching out, I am all for that, and admire your efforts tremendously.

You may not be talking about the same group of guys I am.

I know I was very intimated when I joined this league. I was also very slow. (still definately ain't the quickest, far from it) The main difference here is, when I first joined the league. I really didn't cause any wrecks. why? because I was CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS!!!!!!!!! Hear that guys?
con·sid·er·ate
Pronunciation: \kən-ˈsi-d(ə-)rət\
Function: adjective
Date: 1572
1 : marked by or given to careful consideration : circumspect
2 : thoughtful of the rights and feelings of others
Merriam Webster Online Dictionary
Meaning to me, that you HOLD UR LINE, Don't Block, and like the defination says, be MINDFUL OF OTHERS. I was slow as dirt, but I realized that, picked my battles wisely. Only raced people I was IN THE SAME SPEED BRACKET with, and whatever I did, I MADE SURE my stupidity would not harm others. If I would have wrecked a leader, or anyone for that matter, I would have been mortified.

Being Considerate, and being respectful, got me noticed, people offered me help, and were willing to teach me how to be faster.

Russ, You may have been talking about guys who were reaching out for help, I am talking about some guys who totally lack respect for others. Like I said, we may be referring to a different group of guys.

You guys wan't respect? EARN IT! Be a man, apologize for ur actions in the forum, ask for help, and maybe some will be as nice as Ramrock (Russ). Eventually, if your attitude is right, EVERYONE in the league will end up being that nice. No one in this league is, nor has ever been mean to noobs. Just noobs who subsequently prove they are asking for it.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Ram wrote
what we need to do is welcome them in and try to teach them the ways of NHRL racing not make them a$$holes and and make them afraid to compete
I commend you on trying to fix their relationship Ram. They were welcomed by many before the first race. What has it come down to? Begging them to practice with us? I've only practiced with YGM when they were looking for their license before Thanksgiving. Since then I haven't seen hide nor hair of them. I heard they practiced earlier in the day before martinsville but I also heard they weren't serious. It's not even as technical as asking for help. During practice all anyone has to do is comment on how their car is handling and there will be a plethora of tips and info for them. But first they have to show up. The 4th race of the season is not the time to be begging them to practice.

Secondly if they posted once in awhile we could learn their personalities. The posts don't need to be asking for help but just telling us whats up...like I didnt get much practice cuz I was grounded or I'm having pc problems or my mom said I cant be up past 10pm. Something, anything.
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Guys, this is still the best league on the net. I am happy that NHRL has kept the last trully great simulator alive. Yes some guys need to learn professional eticate, but I'd hate to see guys turned away. We were all there once. I know the competitivness in this league, but being a strictly cup racer in the past, I've always seen Busch and CTS as the rookie leagues anyway LOL.

If you're not a front runner anyway, there's no use overdriving it trying to be. You and everone else would enjoy it much more if you drove your ability and built on that. It makes for those great stories, memories, and friendships, about you cleanly battling someone at your level. Cleanly letting a front runner by is not gonna sacrifice your overall position. Believe me, being a past front runner in cup, it is not easy for me, being new to cts, to settle for trying to be at least top 10, which I haven't achieved.....yet. I'm just hoping to get my feet wet to get ready for cup :wink: The league does a great job at monitering violations, and sadly, some people deserve what they get. But, don't let that discourage you if that happens. I've had great memories with these guys, and that's a lot of what it's about to me.

Yes I had some frustrations at Martinsville that could have been avoided, but like I said, I was holding comments until after I reviewed the replay. After the one incident (or series lol) I was involved in with one driver, he respectfully appoligized, which I greatly appreciated and respected. And I know that he will avoid that in the future. You're like a brother, and I don't want to see you leave. That's what I'm talking about. The chronic abuse, I believe is being dealt with, and I've noticed those people usually finish in the back of the pack anyway. After reviewing the replay, as often is, I don't think it was quite as bad as we believe in the heat of the race. I say let's work with them now, with the oversite of the league administraors, and be more scrutinous when cup roles around :biggrin: Thanks for the fun, and especially those that make the effort to make it professional. I"m for whatever the administrators decide. That's what has made and kept this a super league (no butt kissing intended).
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Don't get me wrong. I ain't about turning people away, and by God, we do need racers. Racers, not Wreckers. I am not talking about people who have car control issues, or setup issues, but people who wreck people on purpose. I think they know who they are.....

So, if you are really trying, and having a hard time, the above posts from me weren't directed at you.

Nuff said about that stuff. Indy RC-T is going to be hard enough, lets hope everyone at least knows the track. Practice offline and online guys. I know I need it.

Edit: Not Indy-Rc... Brands Hatch. LOL
Last edited by bover907 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Bover says
Nuff said about that stuff. Indy RC-T is going to be hard enough, lets hope everyone at least knows the track. Practice offline and online guys. I know I need it.
This guy doesn't even know where the next race is. :roll: :doubt:
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Well, in my defense, I thought Grove WAS one of the rookie drivers! Not by the way he was driving but I didnt recognize the truck :oops: . I know who does and who does not take this seriously and I publicly apoligize to Grove. Anyone who knows me knows that it won't happen again (to them), I just got tired of the shit. Tired of getting caught up in other people's crap. Tired of getting spun out and then T-boned and rolled down the backstretch. Does anyone know what that pedal on the left is for! I was gonna take it upon myself to teach these assholes a lesson! Mistake, I agree. I don't agree with the penalty. I never do. It may have been that, due to my truck's poor physical condition after being punted, the brakes simply failed? Perhaps it was just poor timing that it occured so soon after I was spun out? The worst thing for me, and I didnt think of it before, is now I'm lumped in with other's who probably don't give a shit.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

just for the record I GIVE A SHIT :!: :grin: and love the league and the freedom of the forum ........ with that said ............"bye" :lol:
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

d3efan wrote:Does anyone know what that pedal on the left is for
its probably the space bar or down key.

I feel your pain.
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

I dont think you are lumped in with other D3, and i dont blame ya. It gets old getting hit lap after lap.It shouldnt have lasted that long,guys warping get asked to retire sooner then the wreckers did. I apologized to Skoty ,my incendent was totaly an accident. Watching the rearview and didnt break in time Totally my fault. But im going to put this behind me control my comments and look forward to some good racing at BTH.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Rookiesrock wrote:This guy doesn't even know where the next race is. :roll: :doubt:
LMAO! I'll edit that post. I did mean to say Brands Hatch. Just I wish the race was at the IndyRC. Funny part is I had just finished running for about an hour at Bad Hatch prior to typing that post.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

To you rookies,listen and take note.This is I think my 4th year in the league,and Martinsville was my best finish ever......in FOUR YEARS.When I came into this league I was so intimdated and so afraid I was gonna screw somebody up,I took the mentality to just try and finish and not make any enemies.I was very passive,even last year,I would give up a good spot to try and follow and learn from the guy ahead of me.A race track,real or virtual is not a place you want to make enemies let me assure you.One thing I can say,anytime I have asked for help I have gotten it.The core group here is a great bunch of guys,and me I like large fields so I dont want to see any of you guys give up.Just take it a little more serious,realize you are in over your head,practice and learn.I'm sure as pissed as some of these guys have been you can still get some help.JMHO!!!!!!! Hell pm me I'll help you if I can.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

To you rookies,listen and take note.This is I think my 4th year in the league,and Martinsville was my best finish ever......in FOUR YEARS.When I came into this league I was so intimdated and so afraid I was gonna screw somebody up,I took the mentality to just try and finish and not make any enemies.I was very passive,even last year,I would give up a good spot to try and follow and learn from the guy ahead of me.A race track,real or virtual is not a place you want to make enemies let me assure you.One thing I can say,anytime I have asked for help I have gotten it.
The core group here is a great bunch of guys,and me I like large fields so I dont want to see any of you guys give up.Just take it a little more serious,realize you are in over your head,practice and learn.I'm sure as pissed as some of these guys have been you can still get some help.JMHO!!!!!!! Hell pm me I'll
help you if I can.
I agree with most everyone that replied and it sounds to me like retro went through the same thing I did when I first started here,..I was very intimidated and afraid I was going to screw sombody up, I was to nervis to start on the pole in practice sesstions, I found myself in the wall trying to give to much room, or spining myself out trying not to hit someone. But that got better after I started practiceing off line,.first I would work on getting a desent lap speed, then I would start practiceing the outside line then, the inside line, then I would practice with the Ai cars trying not to hit them,.then set the Ai cars at between 110% and 120% and try to beat them cleanly, although the Ai cars drive a little more agressive than the NHRL drivers will,..lol, Practice practice practice and PACTICE PITTING! please,..lol It will get easyer.
And if you need help just ask,.and to those of you that are not on vent,..I am a slow typer,..lol
Ramrock47
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

WARNING: DO NOT TAKE THIS POST SERIOUSLY! :wink:

Really, I don't mind the 1 race suspension, but this is my take...
Trk2.jpg
Trk3.jpg
Trk6.jpg
my God look at that air! Well, you know what I say..."Story is with me...I put 'em in the wall!" lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by d3efan on Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Could it be possible that the #3 was loose off the corner and didn't intentionaly hit you dan? :grin:
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Yes of course I think that but in keeping with my last post...NO, I believe the game is rigged, the gig is up, cover's blown, the cat's out of the bag, fraud has been exposed, asses are showing, REALLY, I've got to stop watching so much Family Guy lol.
Last edited by d3efan on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Post by Skoty Speed »

I see one flaw in your scenario, Dan......Grove was never an admin.... :jester
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

Its a conspiracy Dan
Rookiesrock
League Member