2. Dover

Post, recap, and debate unofficial results from recent league races.
Reef
League Member

2. Dover

Post by Reef »

RACE RESULTS

Track: Dover Downs
Laps: 100
Realism: Hardcore
AI Strength: Medium
Rules: Black

Pos Car Driver Result Best Lap Laps Led
=================================================================
1 871 lepage71 41:24.037 23.105 19
2 811 Rookiesrock +3.505 22.980 22
3 542 kyle +12.608 23.115 2
4 872 Skoty Speed +14.513 23.347 6
5 52 d3efan +1L 23.135 1
6 306 DavisV +1L 22.996 1
7 648 Reef +1L 23.041 35
8 305 Donaldson +2L 23.185 8
9 43 Petty43 +2L 23.179 0
10 349 CR49 +2L 23.076 5
11 547 Ramrock47 +2L 23.264 0
12 346 Big Mike +2L 23.229 0
13 753 bover907 +3L 23.221 0
14 321 YGM_Trkmstr +4L 23.398 0
15 777 Stick77 +5L 22.975 1
16 91 YGM_Diesel +8L 23.418 0
17 200 YGM_Jesse +9L 23.338 0
18 22 YGM_PJ +12L 23.470 0
19 99 Goober +12L 23.417 0
20 396 Jes Rathbun +14L 23.409 0
21 59 TyMac DNF 23.347 0
22 3 Grove DNF 23.253 0
Rookiesrock
League Member

Re: 2. Dover

Post by Rookiesrock »

This is what lost me the race. Judge for yourself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

you definately got hosed by a couple of young guns there but, you're saying that you were fixing to lap lepage when we were all up there in the closing laps when reef got blown away by another lapped car? if not, then, i dont think so. you said you had damage? BTW it wasnt you bov I wrecked into, it was DavisV. 2 darn corn trucks out there sry.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

V's truck ain't a corn truck, it's a miracle grow truck. I got the only corn fed machine! lmao.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

At the time of the pic I was 3 seconds in front of Lepage and pulling away. Then I was damaged but still had a chance at the win in traffic with D3 and Reef. The pic above is the before. Here's the during.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I'm suprised by the lack of comments in the forums as of this morning. Last night was another example of "What the hell was that!".
I have issues with some driving habits out there. There a few "basics" we all must adhere to.
1.) Track awareness, awareness, awareness. You need to know what cars are around you and there speeds and tendancies. Some of which you would learn if you showed up at practices.
2.) Racing grooves. There are at least 2 racing grooves at every track. If by yourself you can use them all, but when passing or being passed, you must choose 1 and commit to it. The previous pictures show a perfect example of this. They were low going into the corner so I went high. And both of them came up to the high groove resulting in contact. Some of which you would learn if you showed up at practices.
3.) Pitting correctly. What more do some guys need besides written rules, videos and reminders about the proper way to pit? I watched the leader get walled on lap 9 by someone exiting pit road illegally. Some of which you would learn if you showed up at practices.
4.) Practice, practice, practice. Everyone needs to practice. Not only offline or only with their teams. The server always has drivers practicing an hour or more before the scheduled race. Practicing with the field will give you the speeds and tendancies of most trucks. You can't win a race without knowing how your truck stacks up against others. Some of which you would learn if you showed up at practices.

I saw what some drivers were calling "blocking" but could also be construed by the driver as "racing". Either one is fine by me but you can't have the whole frickin track. You have every right to take away the fastest line but then you have to let the passer have the other parts of the track. This driving from top to bottom is so very unacceptable to me. It's wrong. You will find many drivers will race you how you race them whether intentional or not. Some of which you would learn if you showed up at practices.

There are drivers on a waiting list to get into this series. This is the largest rookie class I've ever been apart of. There are talented drivers who can't show there stuff because of others poor habits. Also there are a few drivers with possible mod problems and they took themselves out of the race before it started. After 2 of the most wreckfilled races I've seen in 4 years, it's time to take responsibility for your driving. Zero tolerance from me. Normally there are messages during the race like "ty" or "sry". I haven't seen any off these from the offenders.
The arguement of this is "just a game" doesn't hold water. There are drivers that put hours upon hours into practice to be the best at the game as they can, only to be wrecked by other drivers stupidity. Most drivers in this league expect an occasional accident that has to be dealt with. It's the exception not the rule. If you don't want to play the game to the best you can then go play with yourself.
And about ventrillo. It is optional. If you don't like what is being said then mute or go to another room. I was bitching and complaining immediatly after the race. Its my right as well as yours. Yes there were vets that caused some troubles too. But the guys who show up and practice will get a break from most veterans because they ask for help and practice often.
Time to buck up and stop the nonsense or quit. Overdriving your truck is irresponsible and makes it your fault. This is directed at vets and rookies. And if you take this too personally then you won't make it in this league. There are high standards here.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Very Well Said!!!

I guess come february before the 2008 season starts, mmmm maybe a month before the season starts some of us are gonna have to give some lessons on plate tracking!

Here's a topic every driver from a newbie to a veternan should read before the new cup and nbs season starts up in Feb 2008.. So that dosen't turn into smackup derby race..

http://www.nhrl.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8160
Last edited by DaveO on Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

What he said

Post by GFN-Murray »

FINALLY THE ROOK HAS COME BACK TO DOEEEEEEEEE VERRRRRRR. Rook, I appreciate all the time you have spent trying to help our cause, really it's quite alright. The thing is, if the server was on LAN that deal with us wouldn't happen, but dedicated servers are different. We ran a test, had a guy with equipment almost as good as what me and H8er has(which, by the way, is almost illegal). We had him put up a dedicated, and the same deal happened. Starting grid all over the place, our trucks going ass-stupid just past the flagstand, etc, etc. He then put up an LAN server, which solved the problem right away. No latency, none of that. So like I told you, money just got spent to deal with the issue, we'll try again when the new equipment gets hooked up. You saw the picture, the overview of the product, and the price. If anyone thinks that we don't think the world of the NHRL, then I don't know what to say. But, what I can say is, I'm glad that we decided to ditch the race after hearing about all the problems, because we would've probably caused some ourselves. Just like last week's race, I saw you in the mirror, but I misjudged how close you were, and BAM!!!!! Being used to a "Thick" server(which I had just came out of prior to coming in the NHRL server) I thought you were further away. But I didn't cost you a whole lot since you recovered pretty well. I hope it all gets worked out some how with the driving habits you spoke of, because man....there's got to be a way to get these tempers calmed down some.
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

Felt like I was putting together another top 5 run, but unfortunatly had an unavoidable incident on pit road.
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

I dont know if its just me but it looked like trucks who were many laps down were intentionally wrecking others last night.. Espically with 5 or so to go..I think the league needs to take a look at this because if drivers are going to be having meltdowns like this then should they really be out there?

I saw goober (who was about 10 laps down at the time) run reef all the way down into the inside wall with about 5 to go which looked very intentional.
And then goober got me with about 3 to go, ran me up into the wall and made my truck climb the fence.
Also saw rookie try to pass 2 guys and both them looked like they were purposely blocking and tryied to ram rookie into the wall.

All the mayhem these last 2 races and to think we have martinsville next week, HA!
Last edited by Donaldson on Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

I was behind Petty once last night and he had just lapped a guy and I had just gotten my nose under him. He almost came across my nose to try and looked like he was trying to divebomb Petty. I don't know if thats what he was actually trying to do but it's what it looked like.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Yeah CR I don't know what that was all about. I think Rookie post was very well spoken. This guy must be a midwesterner. Heh Heh. Let's listen to Aretha's RESPECT. Take a few pointers. Anyway.
If you were in the server last nite after the race. Lepage had a great example of what is going on. If you were gone you missed a great explanation of a Rule. See http://www.nascarheatracingleague.com Click on Rules. He explained to all drivers, to move out the way for faster trucks. I always move for a faster driver. Even if im the leader. You can't win on the first laps, It's the last one. Especially if you are several laps down. And for the guy who wrecked me and Miami, and for the guy who wrecked me at Dover. My email is wowiehowie@aol.com aim-wowiehowie, Petty43 on the forum. Is where you can send your apologies. Since i've never recieved one after these unreasonable events.
Petty43
TyMac
League Member

Post by TyMac »

Well I would like to apologize to Diesel for my comments after the race, it was uncalled for and I should have just kept my mouth to myself. I reviewed the replay a few times, and it was a racing thing and it was just frustrating that I myself am a rookie who hasn't had the chance to enjoy my race for some of the actions of others, both veteran and rookie alike. I shouldn't have singled you out like that and I am sorry.
Ty MacNeil
#59 Tim Horton's/Canadian Tire Dodge
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

Racing tactics would be a good starting point.
efgordon
League Member

Re: What he said

Post by efgordon »

GFN-Murray wrote:The thing is, if the server was on LAN that deal with us wouldn't happen, but dedicated servers are different.
if ifs and buts were candies and nuts, we would all have a wonderful christmas.
GFN-Murray wrote:We ran a test, had a guy with equipment almost as good as what me and H8er has(which, by the way, is almost illegal). We had him put up a dedicated, and the same deal happened. Starting grid all over the place, our trucks going ass-stupid just past the flagstand, etc, etc. He then put up an LAN server, which solved the problem right away. No latency, none of that. So like I told you, money just got spent to deal with the issue, we'll try again when the new equipment gets hooked up. You saw the picture, the overview of the product, and the price.
Money just got spent? Shouldent you take that up with the league and not the league members?

fwiw - fat servers are fine and dandy. i'm all for good technology. thats a league issue though, so if you know the race will be on the normal server there should not be the "i'm used to fat servers" excuse.
GFN-Murray wrote:If anyone thinks that we don't think the world of the NHRL, then I don't know what to say.
Perhaps what you think about the NHRL is different than what the NHRL is

What is the NHRL to you?
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Post by GFN-Murray »

I thought it was understood that you don't bother me, I don't bother you. You wasn't there, we're working on our problem, and my forum post was basically an explanation to those who were there. You wasn't there, none of my words in the forum post were towards you, so unless you're posting to offer suggestions related to the matter that ARE relevant, just stay out of it. I don't know what your problem is with me, none of my post was rude or discourteous to anyone. Money just got spent: THAT is just letting everyone know that we just spent big bucks on some equipment to try to make our connection better, if the connection would happen to be a problem at all. You know what, what the hell ever. The only reason YOU want to run in the damn CTS series now is to start problems. If H8er and I wasn't having a mod/connection/whatever issue, and I didn't make that last post, you wouldn't want to try to even run. So in other words, go ahead, run the damn series. I'm dropping out of it, I got enough problems to deal with, I don't need to put up with your BS, especially when we're about to fix our problem and get on to good racing. H8er can do whatever he wants to do, I'm out till the Cup mod is done, unless of course you get me banned from the league. That's all it's been is you starting sh!t and trying to get me outta here, well go for it then. Just gear up for the Cup season, jerk. If I'm still allowed to run it, you know the story. have fun in the trucks EF.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

[quote="GFN-Murray"]Iworking on our problem, and my forum post was basicallyThe only reason YOU want to run in the damn CTS series now is to start problems. If H8er and I wasn't having a mod/connection/whatever issue, and I didn't make that last post, you wouldn't want to try to even run.

Dude you are totally way off base!! The only reason he's even considering running as a sub in CTS after Christmas. Is cuz I asked him to race me. So we both could have fun racing as subs, and race one another!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'll be running NBS fulltime next season on sunday nights. Bring whatever you got on Sundays!! :evil:
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Post by GFN-Murray »

Yeah, sure, fine, I'm way off base. If he's there for you, then I'm happy for the both of you then. You of all people know that I didn't mean any problems AT ALL with my first forum post; since you yourself was trying to help us out away from the Heat server. So am I off base too on the fact that he needs to STFU and get off of my back? Oh, wait, let me guess, I bring it all upon myself. W/e.
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

Not trying to start anything or stir anything up, but he made the post asking about joining the trucks 2 days before you made that post.
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Post by GFN-Murray »

Yeah CR, you're right, good detective work. It still doesn't change the fact that he's a prejudiced little punk with an alligator mouth and a hummingbird ass. None of it matters anyway, I'm out of the truck series, screw it. It's going beyond the game to being way too personal now. I'll sit out till Cup starts and try a new start from there.