COT Mod?

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
Stick77
League Member

COT Mod?

Post by Stick77 »

Are we going to be required to run the in car games or coming out with custom paints? Just wondering so i can figure out what car i need and if im keeping the #77 CoorsLight Dodge!!
bover907
League Administrator

Re: COT Mod?

Post by bover907 »

I'm not sure on that one stick.

I am Darn near done with the Beta Release here. Just finalizing some nitpicky stuff, and I am going to release the painting template with it.

I would advise everyone to at least give the cars a lookover when it comes out. There are some beauties in there! I have a complete set of '07 COT's but I gotta do about 8 or 9 paints here for 08 paints. Mostly every other driver is sticking with just about the same thing for '08.

Looks like the main cars I gotta paint right now, are the 8, 9, 88, 11, 20, and 18 cars. I'm sure there'll be more. :roll:

The Beta should be out within a week or two, which will be right on schedule for the december beta release.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Arrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!! lol

First, I realized I had to do a good bit more cars then the original 9-10 that I thought (more like 22 of them)! Then, Dodge decides to switch the COT back to the charger!!!!.

I may just release the mod with all Avengers and the template with Dodge Avenger, and then hopefully make a Dodge charger template at a later date. I am in the midst of paint cars now and dont' have time to make a new template, and then redo all the dodges that were already otherwise ok.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

It sucks they are messing with it because the Avenger headlights and grille are pretty cool looking. I understand why but oh well.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Yeah, I thouht the avenger front looked better than the charger front on a race car. I am going to finish all my ford toyota and chevys for the next couple days, and see if any pics of the COT carger come out. We don't even know what it'll look like yet, much less paint them. So for now everything will be avengers, and maybe we'll get a look at it in time for the final.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Here's what I came up with for a COT Charger. They haven't posted any PR pics or anything, so I ventured a guess.

Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

I'm betting they end up going with the same Charger design they had before during testing before they decided on the Avenger,though of course there were 2 different designs on it too so who knows lol. They had one like what you have then they had the more compressed grill completely above the actual bumper. http://www.jayski.com/schemes/2006/COT.htm scroll down and you can see both deals. Will you still keep the Avenger stuff on the template though as just another option?
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Yeah, I actually kept the avenger stuff in there, CR. Good question. I kept it because who the hell knows, you know?

you can select charger or avenger. I actually thought the avenger looked better that what the charger is going to look like, but that's just my H.O.

Here's a couple teasers of the #18 Toyota Kyle busch I been painting the past couple days. ...My take on it anyhow, since it ain't exactly 100% accurate. It still needs a few more contigs and stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

Thats cool just one more option and I agree the Avenger probably will look better then whatever the Charger ends up looking like.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Yeah, CR, I don't know about the Admins, but I could care less if guys paint their personal skins as chargers, or avengers. After all, it is their car. That's why I will leave the avenger stuff in the template.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

Hey are the contingency decals going to be included as a layer on the template also?
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Yes, they will. Everything I can do to make painting a car easier for everybody will be included. As you know, for the most part, Teams pretty much use the same set of contigs for all of their cars. In painting cars over the past couple years, I've developed a couple good 'sets' of contigs such as DEI, Petty, Penski. That's how I'll label them, so that if say, ur a bobby lebonte fan, as is my case, and ur painting a 'Bobby Lebonte' car, you can pick the Petty contigs and they'll pretty much be accurate enough to get by. So, you'll have a few sets to choose from
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
24man24p
Forum Member

Post by 24man24p »

I need the web for the COT.