Winter Racing

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
retroracer
League Administrator

Winter Racing

Post by retroracer »

3 or 4 years ago there was a league hosted I think by TeamWestside that ran the WRS mod on short tracks,as a matter of fact thats where I met Skoty and he invited me over here.There were some great tracks we ran on that mod,Ocala,Paved Derry,Hickory and old field filler Retro even picked up his first online win at Caraway.Does anybody know of a league being ran on this mod anymore.They had a cool format ,2 15 lap heats and usually a 30 lap feature,was some real hard fought battles.I always thought they could change it up abit and every now and than have like a 100 lap short track race somewhere.I sure would like to race like that again if anybody knows of anything let me know.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
bover907
League Administrator

Re: Winter Racing

Post by bover907 »

closest I know if is what FTSR does with their late model series, which uses a late model mod and short tracks for NR2k3. Good racing at short tracks with late models like you'd see at the local short track.

Places like Hickory, Mesa Marin, Flemington N.J., etc. They run tuesday nights.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Read the rules carefully over there. If your better than HB he'll demand you share your secret (as an admin only of course, not a competitor). :p
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

Maybe the powers here should look at maybe trying a series like that with the WRS Heat mod on a night opposite if we do the trucks during the winter, or maybe someone would be willing to run it if NHRL sanctioned it by letting them use the server or something. It sounds like something we could have fun with.