Pitting rules

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Pitting rules

Post by Rookiesrock »

I noticed at least 3 cars at the NBS cali event that did not follow proper pitting procedure. Every track is described in detail in the rules on how to pit on that track. It was dangerous and as some found out it is very very difficult to enter off of turn 4 at cali. lol. Just an FYI, each offense is worth 5 points. Entering is 5 and exiting is 5. It's not worth it. Oh and BTW if any of the rookies need stable sets for an upcoming race please post or IM me. I will be glad to help. Slower cars are fine but out of control cars are accident prone. :grin:
Laserman
League Member

Re: Pitting rules

Post by Laserman »

Yeah sorry about the one illegal pit I did. I exited and went right onto the track, but that was all I did wrong there. I almost ran into someone that flew out of pit right infront of me... all I saw was a black car but yeah.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

NP its all good dude. Just a reminder though that pitting on the apron before turn 3 does not mean going thru the grass at high speed unless its to save the car. Intentionally doing it is also against the rules. With that said, california is one of the touchiest aprons to enter pit road on. In past years we have used different rules such as, no black flags for speeding and entering pitroad off of 4. Tried and tested. Anyways enough of that stuff.
Welcome to the league. Your doing great and look up to speed. If you need anything, BBFF is always here to help. :alien:
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Rookiesrock wrote:NP its all good dude. Just a reminder though that pitting on the apron before turn 3 does not mean going thru the grass at high speed unless its to save the car. Intentionally doing it is also against the rules. With that said, california is one of the touchiest aprons to enter pit road on. In past years we have used different rules such as, no black flags for speeding and entering pitroad off of 4. Tried and tested. Anyways enough of that stuff.
Welcome to the league. Your doing great and look up to speed. If you need anything, BBFF is always here to help. :alien:
Anytime any of you guys need help. Just holler, like Rookie said,
"BBFF is always here to help" :grin:
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Laserman
League Member

Post by Laserman »

Alright cool.

I've been working on Atlanta pitting, saying as I don't have a wheel it's very hard to pit... very loose like driving on ice. But i've pretty much got it mastered and can average 125mph until turn 4. same with entering. all though it's a bit loose at the end of turn 2-back stretch. Also, could someone give me some pointers on setting up a car for a track? I cannot seem to get one that matches you guys.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Dude, if you can swing it. I'd get a wheel. It'd be hard to drive without. Any consolation though, I'd a never guessed you didn't have a wheel from what I saw.

anyway, Momo's are under a hundred bucks.... Reason I bring this up is because you'd kinda have to set up a car differently if not using a wheel. Used to be a fella who went by Rusty T Bass, who drove with a keyboard, due to a dissability, and was one of the best heat racers out there. You can probably find his setups at raceline central. Hey have setup zip files, and any setup that the name ends in RTB, is one of his.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
P McSkip
League Member

Post by P McSkip »

I went on there and downloaded, didn't find any