forum database issues

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
lepage71
League Administrator

forum database issues

Post by lepage71 »

had to restore a backed up forum database a few times, let me know if there are any further problems

there could be, because the nontstop bots seem to be up to something
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

Where is Freddy? He must have something to do with this

:worm:
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Don't backups include everything up to the backup date? Dans thread made yesterday is back but there's a thread missing form before that....Those bots have litlle NHRL shirts on....like the oompalupas. :lol:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Rookiesrock wrote:...like the oompalupas. :lol:
LMAO! Oompalupas...... That's funny
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

what was the thread about rookie anything good?
Kyle
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Glad you asked. Bover announced the soon to be released COT mod. Then Eagle asked if the physics would change. I posted with the opinion that I hope the physics are different..The COT is different and should be different than the default heat physics. And what are members thoughts about possibly running a non NHRL sponsored COT series if physics don't change.
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

i THINK THAT WOULD BE AWESOME !! THEN EVERYONE INCLUDING ROOKIES WOULD BE ON THE SAME PLAYING FIELD ....EVERYONE WOULD HAVE TO BUILD NEW SETS TO SEE WHAT THE NEW CAR WANTS..SOME MAY HIT ON IT ON CERTAIN TRACKS OTHERS WOULDN'T THAT WOULD SURE SHUFFLE THING S AROUND ...UNLESS PEOPLE ARE SCARED ...I'M SURE TEAM BBFF WOULD LEAD THE WAY WITH THERE NEW AND IMPROVED R&D SHOP.....IF WE LEAVE IT THE SAME, WHY EVEN RACE THE NEW CAR IT WOULD BE THE SAME THING....NASCAR WENT TO A NEW CAR AND THEY HANDLE TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN THE OLD..IF WE ARE RUNNING CARS LIKE NASCAR THEN LETS CHANGE UP SETS ALSO... HELL EVERYONE HAS THE OLDS SETS LETS TRY SOMETHING NEW TO BE DIFFERENT THAN ANYONE ELSE....AND IF NHRL DOESN;T WANT TO APROVE IT THEN SO BE IT LETS RACE IT ANYWAYS
Kyle
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

kyle wrote:i THINK THAT WOULD BE AWESOME !! THEN EVERYONE INCLUDING ROOKIES WOULD BE ON THE SAME PLAYING FIELD ....EVERYONE WOULD HAVE TO BUILD NEW SETS TO SEE WHAT THE NEW CAR WANTS..SOME MAY HIT ON IT ON CERTAIN TRACKS OTHERS WOULDN'T THAT WOULD SURE SHUFFLE THING S AROUND ...UNLESS PEOPLE ARE SCARED ...I'M SURE TEAM BBFF WOULD LEAD THE WAY WITH THERE NEW AND IMPROVED R&D SHOP.....IF WE LEAVE IT THE SAME, WHY EVEN RACE THE NEW CAR IT WOULD BE THE SAME THING....NASCAR WENT TO A NEW CAR AND THEY HANDLE TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN THE OLD..IF WE ARE RUNNING CARS LIKE NASCAR THEN LETS CHANGE UP SETS ALSO... HELL EVERYONE HAS THE OLDS SETS LETS TRY SOMETHING NEW TO BE DIFFERENT THAN ANYONE ELSE....AND IF NHRL DOESN;T WANT TO APROVE IT THEN SO BE IT LETS RACE IT ANYWAYS
Kyle is 100 percent correct. By changing the physics it brings something totally new to the table and puts everyone on the same page for building sets... If you don't change the physics we would just be running with different looking cars..

Kyle is also correct Team BBFF would lead the way with it's new shop.
Try catching us next season with this new mod Team NHRL. :))
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

US? you guys getting the band back together? lmao

DaveO wrote:
kyle wrote:i THINK THAT WOULD BE AWESOME !! THEN EVERYONE INCLUDING ROOKIES WOULD BE ON THE SAME PLAYING FIELD ....EVERYONE WOULD HAVE TO BUILD NEW SETS TO SEE WHAT THE NEW CAR WANTS..SOME MAY HIT ON IT ON CERTAIN TRACKS OTHERS WOULDN'T THAT WOULD SURE SHUFFLE THING S AROUND ...UNLESS PEOPLE ARE SCARED ...I'M SURE TEAM BBFF WOULD LEAD THE WAY WITH THERE NEW AND IMPROVED R&D SHOP.....IF WE LEAVE IT THE SAME, WHY EVEN RACE THE NEW CAR IT WOULD BE THE SAME THING....NASCAR WENT TO A NEW CAR AND THEY HANDLE TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN THE OLD..IF WE ARE RUNNING CARS LIKE NASCAR THEN LETS CHANGE UP SETS ALSO... HELL EVERYONE HAS THE OLDS SETS LETS TRY SOMETHING NEW TO BE DIFFERENT THAN ANYONE ELSE....AND IF NHRL DOESN;T WANT TO APROVE IT THEN SO BE IT LETS RACE IT ANYWAYS
Kyle is 100 percent correct. By changing the physics it brings something totally new to the table and puts everyone on the same page for building sets... If you don't change the physics we would just be running with different looking cars..

Kyle is also correct Team BBFF would lead the way with it's new shop.
Try catching us next season with this new mod Team NHRL. :))
fwiw - i am all for a new mod and a level playing feild as long as the game is made available to everyone early enough to acually practice before the season started. If its a last minute deal and everyone and their grandma has had the game except us non technicall types, i will have to bitch about it for a few months on the message boards. we dont need that now do we?
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

First, we're not going to debate this because it is not up for debate. Months before the current bover project was even an idea, we originally started a new "Car of Tomorrow" mod with 2quick4u. We planned on inserting updated physics but quickly dropped the idea for many different reasons. Secondly, in no way has bover's mod been "taken over" with NHRL demands. Before he even started this, we discussed this and it was agreed upon. The different physics thing has only come up recently, as it was never the original plan.

There's really only two possibilities here...either:

1) Lepage is worried about the new mod. He is either concerned about "keeping up" or isn't getting his way and is pissed for some reason.

2) The admins have thought well ahead of time about such a decision, months before it even came up, and much deeper than a passing-by 20-second forum post. There are many different factors and good reasoning that go into this. I am not going to create a debate in the forum but if you're interested in the reasons I'll chat with you (AOL or Ventrilo).

Now I consider #1) less likely, and quite frankly absurd, but I leave it to everyone else to decide. This thread will be locked if it becomes stupid (http://www.nhrl.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7110)
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

A lot of this debate is my fault, because before I even undertook this project, when I was just toying around with the idea, I'd agreed with lepage, that pretty much no one has made a nascar style heat mod where the physics are as good as heat's. They're usually too easy to drive, or something. well even the nbs mod as similar as it it, and while it promotes some good racing here, the cars are IMO, a little too forgiving. So, I said at the time that I wasn't going to screw with the physics because the original heat's are the best around still.

Once I started making the mod, (which is going to be absolutely beautiful, if I may toot my own horn) and realized that I had to do stuff with the physics.val anyway, I started toying with a couple things just to see what would happen. Lepage, Reef and I drove them around and they were a little too quick, but I just changed a couple things to see what would happen. What we drove that night was in no way what the cars are going to be, just an experiment.

Now like I said in the dissapearing thread, I would have liked to make SLIGHT changes to the cars... By slight i merely mean Redline RPM, Peak HP and Torque RPM, and that may be it if I can't increase the drag without making the cars too drafty. I DEFINATELY don't want that. This could be open to beta testing, but we'll have to see.

Oh, and BTW I do promise pics are coming soon!
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Edit to last post.

With the changes I wanted to make, Old setups would work fine to start. They'd just need some massaging.

Also, Nobody's defecting. I don't wanna start that ish.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

WTH crawled up your tailpipe today? ha

I must have missed a meeting or something. I dont even know what the debate is.......

sry, my 20 secs are up. gotta run.......

lepage71 wrote:First, we're not going to debate this because it is not up for debate. Months before the current bover project was even an idea, we originally started a new "Car of Tomorrow" mod with 2quick4u. We planned on inserting updated physics but quickly dropped the idea for many different reasons. Secondly, in no way has bover's mod been "taken over" with NHRL demands. Before he even started this, we discussed this and it was agreed upon. The different physics thing has only come up recently, as it was never the original plan.

There's really only two possibilities here...either:

1) Lepage is worried about the new mod. He is either concerned about "keeping up" or isn't getting his way and is pissed for some reason.

2) The admins have thought well ahead of time about such a decision, months before it even came up, and much deeper than a passing-by 20-second forum post. There are many different factors and good reasoning that go into this. I am not going to create a debate in the forum but if you're interested in the reasons I'll chat with you (AOL or Ventrilo).

Now I consider #1) less likely, and quite frankly absurd, but I leave it to everyone else to decide. This thread will be locked if it becomes stupid (http://www.nhrl.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7110)
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

:newspaper
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

It's #1. Because the discussion doesn't have to be debated with NHRL.
Months before the current bover project was even an idea, we originally started a new "Car of Tomorrow" mod with 2quick4u.
So you own it somehow? In today's world decisions are made on the fly and in pencil cuz it always changes. The NHRL needs to adapt. These admin discussions are between lepage and the other admin? A town meeting with 2 guys. A total waste of time without new physics. I will purchase the mod from Bover and have it changed myself. Not even open for discussion is not an option.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Again, before anything was started, it was pointed out that if NHRL Cup were to use a new mod, then the original physics were required. Anything else is beyond our control and up to someone else. If a new league proves necessary, then someone should devote their full efforts to that because this situation will not change.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Well said. :shock:
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

SO WHY IS IT SUCH AN ISSUE WITH IT.? :roll: ...IT MAY BRING NEW INTEREST INTO HEAT :worm: AS DAVEO(AKA :hothead: WILDFIRE ) SAID ...MAYBE YOU ARE AFRAID :scared: :praying OF BBFF :clubber DOMINATING LIKE HENDRICKS DOES AND THAT IS WHY THERE IS NO ROOM FOR [-( DEBATE DEBATE ...HAVE A NICE DAY :wiggle
Kyle
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

As much as I am getting a rush from beating up Lepage, let's reflect on our civil mindedness and let him catch his breathe. I know there are valid reasons for and against this.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

efgordon wrote:US? you guys getting the band back together? lmao

Priceless, ef... Priceless!

This former band member is staying in TTR, which btw has the type of alliance with bbff as like... I dunno, DEI, and Chance2 or something like that.

TTR uses bbff engines, and bbff uses TTR chassis. lol
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image