CTS Heat

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Etab
League Member

CTS Heat

Post by Etab »

Hello,

For a school project, I'm organizing a racing series separate from any current Heat leagues. I'm planning to run the CTS Heat trucks at only plate tracks for 12 weeks from mid-April to later in the year. I'm planning for it to be at 8:00 PM EST, which is a little early for some, but doesn't directly interfere with any other series' races.

I want to create a series that's more for fun than it is for points. Daytona and Talladega are always unpredictable tracks where anything happens. I wanted to try something different that the Heat community hasn't seen yet, anyway.

I don't have our interactive website up right now since my web developer has been nowhere to be seen for the past four weeks, despite the "absolute latest" date he'd be done two weeks ago. :lol:

Other miscellaneous rules: 25% race length, 3x wear (subject to change when I find a good balance between # of pit stops and on-track time), black flags, open setups, Hardcore mode, custom cars, random starting positions.

If you're interested, please let me know so I can evaluate what I'll need to continue this project. :)

Thanks,
Steve
Steve aka Etab
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

wish i had the cts mod got all the others but not that one
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

jesse rathbun wrote:wish i had the cts mod got all the others but not that one
I think ffsbudman has it up at http://ffsracing.com/.
Steve aka Etab
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

I'm still going to be working on this project. Is there any more interest? My web developer set me back a little bit, so I'm currently putting an alternative site up, which should be ready soon.
Steve aka Etab
DavisV
League Member

Post by DavisV »

that'll get boring pretty quick. :roll:
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

I am interested need the mod though got all the rest but the time seems ok for being on 3rd
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

DavisV wrote:that'll get boring pretty quick. :roll:
I guess that's why the plate races draw the most drivers on average, then.
Steve aka Etab
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Sign me up. :cap
fielix16
Forum Member

Post by fielix16 »

im in sounds like fun
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

If this is for a school project then by all means put my name down.. Anything for higher education!!! :grin:
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

Thats cool with me! Ill finally get to drive the truck Bover painted me at the end of last season. The CoosLight Twins look real good on the bed cover!Now i can show off the twins "twins " if you know what i mean.
jrfan381
League Member

Post by jrfan381 »

Stick77 wrote:Thats cool with me! Ill finally get to drive the truck Bover painted me at the end of last season. The CoosLight Twins look real good on the bed cover!Now i can show off the twins "twins " if you know what i mean.
you can show off your girls and I can show off mine
jrfan381
League Member

Post by jrfan381 »

you can show off your girls and I can show off mine

DavisV
League Member

Post by DavisV »

heck, why not run a regular cts season, since nhrl is not running one anymore? i miss running the trucks in nhrl, had a fun time running them.
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

DavisV wrote:heck, why not run a regular cts season, since nhrl is not running one anymore? i miss running the trucks in nhrl, had a fun time running them.
It's a possibility after this season is done, but I wanted to try something different first. I know a lot of people have strong feelings (both ways) for plate tracks, and it'd be interesting to run it for fun and to get my school project out of the way at the same time.
Steve aka Etab
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

I have a site up now. You can sign up for the league on this page, and you'll be automatically added to the drivers list.

http://vidane.com/

The schedule is also available on that site. Rulebook is still in progress, but it will be very simple and cover the basics.
Steve aka Etab