why are my ideas always dismissed so easily?

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Why is efgordon ignored?

who is efgordon?
29%
because your a nut and i dont understand a word your saying
14%
because the ideas are stupid, and we really dont know how to tell you that
14%
WTG EF, good ideas here and hopefully someone will eventually see your genius
43%
you jumped the shark right after "can we get unofficial results" now stop it already!
No votes

Total votes: 14

efgordon
League Member

why are my ideas always dismissed so easily?

Post by efgordon »

i've come up with a couple of ideas over the years and they are always quickly dismissed like i am some kind of nut or something. I think having 6x wear at a plate track will put the race back in the drivers hands, but it was laughed off. I still dont understand why every single race has to be exacly the same wear either. how bout mixing it up from time to time? I also just dont understand why the same series has to be on the same nights. I live my life as a huge nascar fan knowing that USUALLY its cts 1st, then bgn, then the cup series is the last of the week. why cant we get alteast one of the car races back on sundays? and why are we still using the antique nascar heat mod? why not the 05 mod? because its not exacly reality? is any of it reality? so now the poll.....

Why is efgordon usually ignored?
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Speaking of immediate refutations...in general, the league has used the same wear factor in every event in a given season (except for a few unique circumstances, like Memphis). We try to rotate the wear factor around from year to year.

However, if rotating wear from event to event is popular, that is always a possibility (unlike the return of the league's results pages that were floating around before anything official was announced). Maybe someone can make a poll for that.

I do think there is credence to the argument that if ef made all of the decisions for everything, there would be some rule requiring drivers to wear underwear outside of their shorts while singing the ballad of It's Raining BBFF.
WildFire
Forum Member

Re: why are my ideas always dismissed so easily?

Post by WildFire »

efgordon wrote:i've come up with a couple of ideas over the years and they are always quickly dismissed like i am some kind of nut or something. I think having 6x wear at a plate track will put the race back in the drivers hands, but it was laughed off. I still dont understand why every single race has to be exacly the same wear either. how bout mixing it up from time to time? I also just dont understand why the same series has to be on the same nights. I live my life as a huge nascar fan knowing that USUALLY its cts 1st, then bgn, then the cup series is the last of the week. why cant we get alteast one of the car races back on sundays? and why are we still using the antique nascar heat mod? why not the 05 mod? because its not exacly reality? is any of it reality? so now the poll.....

Why is efgordon usually ignored?
Man, your not ignored, and you are no nut!!! :twisted: . You are one of the most respected drivers in this league. Over the years, you have probably subbed for every guy in this league, and have won so many races for peeps as a sub.. You also have, helped out more guys, when they have had problems with stuff, and taught alot of stuff to alot of guys (including me) over the years!. Plus your one hell of a competitor on the track.

Would be great to have one of the car series back on sundays, like we did last season... and, yah u have come up with some great ideas. Keep them coming dude!!!

also what happened to that old nickname einstein???

I may of gotten a little off track about some stuff. But i hope everyone gets my point. -sigh lol
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

LOL! alas, true genius is never fully recognized until the individual is gone it seems. your ideas will be implemented 5-10 years from now and someone else will take credit for them. :wink: also, it appears the true genius runs the risk of borderline nuttiness too. walking the fine line between fantasy and reality like the staggering drunk trying to negotiate the "walk the straight line" test. except for the occasional stern lecture my posts usually are for entertainment value only. if only to entertain myself since no one else reads them, and I'm generally shunned in this league. :cry: your's can be quite entertaining too though. perhaps there lies the problem? it's hard to convey a person's "tone" of speech in a typed forum. don't really know where this is going so I'm gonna shut up now lol.

hey, have you improved that Phoenix setup? ive been using it for 3 years and doing great with it! you can always send me an improved one as I do recognize the greatness!
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

Well said D3!!! I gotta stop typing... half the time my posts make no sense at all. lol

Ef, just sent me his phoenix cup setup... But I suck at phoenix... don't know if it's new or not!
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

LOL

thanks guys

and if nothing else, its good to know that i havent "jumped the shark" hahahaha

and when reading my posts and rants just remember that its usually 95% sarcasm and 5% trickeration

i wouldent stick around year after year after year chasing Tom and Lepage around the track if this wasent just so much damn fun!

and as EK would say "that i garun-damn-tee"
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I voted for "Who is efgordon?"
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I can still say "Who is EFgordon" but all the while saying to myself this guy is a genius. The answer to why are you so easily dismissed is cuz the powers that be need to dismiss the greatest threats ASP. And they're scared you'll ask for IRP back lol.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

lepage71 wrote:Speaking of immediate refutations...in general, the league has used the same wear factor in every event in a given season (except for a few unique circumstances, like Memphis). We try to rotate the wear factor around from year to year.

However, if rotating wear from event to event is popular, that is always a possibility (unlike the return of the league's results pages that were floating around before anything official was announced). Maybe someone can make a poll for that.

I do think there is credence to the argument that if ef made all of the decisions for everything, there would be some rule requiring drivers to wear underwear outside of their shorts while singing the ballad of It's Raining BBFF.
LOL

EFLAW #15.621 - No booster seats or hand pedals.

that should bring the 71 back to reality and eliminate any chance of a CEM comeback

BRILLIANT!
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

efgordon wrote:EFLAW #15.621 - No booster seats or hand pedals.

that should bring the 71 back to reality and eliminate any chance of a CEM comeback

BRILLIANT!
ROTF LMAO!!!
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image