Low line at plate tracks

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Should we continue to allow the leader to hug the low line on the backstretch at plate tracks

yes
67%
no
33%

Total votes: 18

Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Low line at plate tracks

Post by Skoty Speed »

Please post questions and comments after voting.
efgordon
League Member

uhoh

Post by efgordon »

this is going to be one tricked out impossible to follow rule "leader cant run the low line" lol

if this poll results in some crazy rule like that, please give us an option to vote for "0" on how many times we go to restricter plate tracks lol

look up "blocking" in the international racing dictionary and i can assure you thats "not" what people do when they get at a restricter plate track and "hug the low lane".

it sucks, but its not blocking, its racing
Stick77
League Member

Plate tracks

Post by Stick77 »

I was wondering,What about making a mandatory gear set for plate tracks like talladega and daytona.Maybe this would would make it more interesting and maybe open up more lanes on the track instead of running one big train.Just a suggestion,i dont know if that would work,just putting my 2 cents in.Thanks Stick77
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

wow,thats a tough one,i dont really see how we could do any differently.as long as you dont go below the line alls fair,without a line to go by how would you regulate where to run?say you could only run the bottom 3 laps,then you had to give it up?tough one,but you guys always seem to come up with something that works.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

If your're leading, you've obviously earned the right to be there. Therefore you can run the car wherever you darn well please IMO. (this coming from a guy who doesn't lead very much at all btw)

It is very possible for guys to team up and pass the leader high. Heck the whole field can go if they want. if not, then the leader gets to keep leading until people strategize him out of there. If you wanna lead get the pole.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I understand it might be "boring" running a plate track single file. But staying in line trying to draft close enough to go fast is not boring. It's white knuckle driving and takes talent. And most that draft will know the difference. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you must be the guys that think restrictor plate track is "boring". Although I have only heard "team" NHRL members complain. I'm all for trying something new to convince the doubters. Once a doubter always a doubter. I don't think the rule of "up 1 lane" in the backstretch will work. But I welcome the challenge. Fast cars that are drafting well (BBFF) will run fast high or low. Another rule that will not be the "deal breaker" if someone joins or leaves this league.
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

SkotySpeed!!! read above post!!! .. Told ya it's talent!! been telling ya that for years !!! now will listen to me?? lmao!!! now will ya hit the track and practice during plate track week with us!!! 8) -Dave
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

what about taking the restrictor plate off?

Nascar uses those things so cars are not doing 225 mph and flying over the fence and killing ricky, bobby, and ricky bobby

We dont have that problem. how bout we take them off and see how it goes?

how bout some of us get together just to test such a thing

isnt there a track called "untona" or something

and how bout that talledega night track?

throw us bone and change something
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

hop on after work. let's try untona or whatever the track is called..
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

WildFire wrote:hop on after work. let's try untona or whatever the track is called..

i dont know where to find the track or know if it really works.

but i will check when i get home
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I got one called untally.
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

I have a track called untona. download it from the mod squad guy.. Hopefully this piece of crap computer will host today. i'ts been tempermental latley.