Standings System

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Should there be a league playoff or some new type of overall points system?

Overall Points (points earned from first to last event)
6%
Overall Points (some new system, such as eliminating bad finishes)
29%
Playoffs (same system as in 2006)
65%
Playoffs (different system than in 2006)
No votes

Total votes: 17

lepage71
League Administrator

Standings System

Post by lepage71 »

I have a few ideas about a new "overall" points system that would not involve a playoff, such as eliminating a certain amount of worst finishes, giving the winner more points, etc. This poll is not really to discuss the numerical system and the bonus points, but rather the general system we will use (overall points vs. a playoff). Please post questions and comments after voting.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

oh, so you finally got this thing done right and now you want to change it again?

oi yoi yoi
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I like the nascar CHASE format.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

i would just like a clarification with the whole chase vs playoff

what the hell is the difference anyway?

nascar calls it a chase, but i keep seeing peeps getting corrected and calling it playoffs, and its going right over my head

did i miss a PR meeting?
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

In NHRL, the overall standings do not simply disappear on race 15 because the points are arbitrarily reset when the playoffs begin. From race 16 to race 25, there are two separate points races that occur simultaneously. There is a battle for 1) the overall points title and ensuing finishing positions and 2) the 'ultimate' series championship which is decided by the playoffs. So at the end of the season, the final series champion will be the playoffs winner, a nice pat on the back goes to the overall points titleist, and the other final standings positions are determined by overall points. Also, compared to last season in which the playoffs were only in CUP, the amount of drivers eligible to participate is unlimited given that specified conditions are met, the point allotment is different, and a few other things.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I voted for the choice of eliminating some bad finishes because that works into my schedule. But for those that it don't conform to I say that the current system seems to work and I call it the "Playoffs". Lepage is correct in the term as he was in the past but I don't see any advantage of calling it something other than the playoffs as its a generic term my dictionary. Just another wise decision for Lepage I guess.