Restarts

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

How many restarts should the NHRL allow in 2007?

none
53%
6%
12%
29%

Total votes: 17

Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Restarts

Post by Skoty Speed »

Please post questions and comments after voting.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I voted for none, but there should still be restarts for GRID WARP ONLY! That way, the admins, and perhaps a couple honorable peeps throughout the field, can call a restart based on the grid. Most of the time this can be accomplished before the green is even dropped.

Hey, this is the first of my replies I didn't end with "LOL"

Uhhhhh... Crap! LOL
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

this is always a tough one for me. more peeps voted for a certain amount of restarts than for none so far though. i still would like a certain amount of non-grid warp restarts. this has always been the most critical part of any online race (some do well while others do not and wreck someone out). if only at the tracks that traditionally create alot of wrecks at the start, causing the single-file start?
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I thought it was obvious, but bad-grid-related restarts will still happen even if we have a no-restart rule.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Why the obvious comment? Apparently its not or it wouldn't have been mentioned. I would go with none,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 or 11. As long as we stick to the rule. I realize it's hard to supervise whether the false rs call is valid but other than that whatever the rule is will do. I have been saved by restarts and totally f**ked by them so it doesn't matter to me. I believe this rule is simple, just make a rule and enforce it. Drivers aren't gonna quit or join because of this rule. Basically everyone just wants the damn race to start lol.
j2thec
League Member

Post by j2thec »

i think you could possibly solve alot of problems by doing a pace lap....I know it sounds odd but here is my reasoning:

There could specific instructions that say you can't pass until Turn 2 or Backstretch and obviously no passing before s/f line like some do [Actlabs] and cause wrecks.