MP Memphis Wear Factor

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Busch Series.
Team NHRL
Forum Member

MP Memphis Wear Factor

Post by Team NHRL »

Just a reminder from the league officials: the next event at MP Memphis will be 4x wear factor.
DavisV
League Member

Post by DavisV »

what's the reason for it being 4X?
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

DavisV wrote:what's the reason for it being 4X?
i already asked this and a message was relayed back

"we dont have time to answer questions"

or something like that...lol

FYI - with 4x it appears that there is going to be 2 different strategies that are darn close to a push, at 3x there was only one legit strategy (33/34 lap window)
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

i ran cts last night until about 10:30pm. besides getting my a$$ kicked by koolguy all night.. lmao.. it wasen't too bad racing in 4x wear
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

The event is 4x wear such that it is not a Richmond clone. The two courses are very similar.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

lepage71 wrote:The event is 4x wear such that it is not a Richmond clone. The two courses are very similar.

paaaaaaaaaalease

Tona and dega are the two biggest snooze fest tracks on the schedule every year and i dont see anyone trying to unclone them. not to mention we run those dumb ass tracks two times each like several places. Richmond is a breath of fresh air compared to those stinking plate tracks. you can clone it 5 times and i would be just fine. btw - why not just change the laps? doh!

If you didnt want a richmond clone, then why put it on the schedule in the first place? answer - because it made things easier to get rid of irp. conspiracy i tell ya, one big fat nasty conspiracy

you should know better than to put out some lame bogus excuse out here. lol

yea, i'm still bitter about irp being cut from the schedule! lmao
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

We generally don't modify lap counts to adjust fuel windows. When we decide lap lengths, fuel is not taken into consideration because then someone would allege we are helping one party or another. I don't know what will happen with 4x wear at Memphis. I just know it won't be exactly like Richmond.

IRP was canned because of the single-digit fields. I liked the place, but we didn't feel enough of the NHRL members were interested in racing there.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

MUSTARD!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :evil:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

while were griping, and since ef brought up plate tracks, lets just run daytona and tally ONCE EACH a year. Preferably not during the chase.... err uh, playoff. All the people who we haven't seen since the last plate track come out of the woodwork, and also, too much of your destiny is not in your own hands.

I personally would like to see more "Drivers Tracks" like kansas, Pocono, california, and the short tracks. Vegas and homestead also come to mind. If these tracks scare people away, let them go back to Normal Mode racing somewhere. I'd rather have good quality racing with 12 peeps, than crappy racing with 20.

My two cents. :roll:
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
HBMan23
Forum Member

Post by HBMan23 »

RP Tracks will stay. There is no way that they will ever go away. I am even considering starting up a league running only Talladega and Daytona, providing I can get the sponsorship details worked out with Team BBFF! :twisted: :eek:
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

While were all at it, can we run bristol twice a year, and how about bringing the brickyard back!!!!
HBMan23
Forum Member

Post by HBMan23 »

And what about those pit road rules about cutting pit boxes. In my HO, I think it is a little ridiculus. If you drive through 2 boxes, you get a penalty. Pffff! Why? If you dont hit another car, it should be fine. If you do hit a car doing it, It will be considered an accident because you didn't do it on purpose. You hurt yourself and you would avoid such a thing if at all possible. Thats another thing! There are no "Accidents" in the NHRL! It's always a penalty, even if you have an accident. Since when do you get penalized by your driving skill. I think there is alot of these things that should be addressed! Chew on that a while. Let's see just how many members have the balls to agree with me! Anyone? Huh? Anyone? Are ya skeered? :sad: :shock: :twisted:

In all seriousness, I do believe that the NHRL should look at giving their supossed "Rulebook" a major overhaul. Now if I could only find the damn thing! LMAO! :grin:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

there has been instances, in the past, where a driver drove thru pit stalls and, for whatever reason, someone who was actually pitting, did not show up on that persons computer. To them, it looked like they made a flawless pit stop, but to the other guy, he got careened while in his pit stall.

As for NHRL's rules and penalties. I don't have a problem with them. perhaps that's because I rarely, if ever get penalized. How do I manage that you ask? Well, I guess I don't break the rules. lol

BTW, the rulebook is at http://www.nascarheatracingleague.com/rules.html There is a link to it on the main page. Good reading there.

Still can't find it, you say? well like bill weber says on NBC.... "You don't have to look it up, because we already did!" LMAO!
Here's the section on pit road driving:
4. On pit road, players may not drive through pit stalls. There are often transparent 'ghost' cars that appear in pit stalls even when there is still an active driver in the race. Driving through this stall will cause an accident. But even if a pit stall is empty, players may not cut through them in order to reach their own stall. You may use part of the stall in front and behind your stall in order to reach yours. Driving straight through other stalls will be penalized.

5. When driving 'down' pit road, players should be in the lane furthest away from the rows of pit stalls. On oval tracks this lane is always the region closest to the right-side pit wall. Certain tracks do not have clearly marked lanes so players should simply consider the correct line to always be as far away from the stalls as possible. On certain road courses, the pit road is configured in the opposite manner. In these instances, please stay as far to the left as possible. Drivers should only pass in between this 'far away' lane and the rows of stalls when they need to enter or exit their own pit stall.

6. Drivers may be penalized for dangerous driving on pit road (see opening paragraph). When entering and exiting pit stalls, players should be aware of their surroundings. This means that you should look for cars incoming from behind, try not to cut through multiple stalls, and try not to recklessly hit another car while trying to gain a tenth of a second. Accidents are understandable and can certainly happen on pit road, but in situations where an accident could have been avoided using simple judgment and an understanding of the league rules, penalties may follow.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
HBMan23
Forum Member

Post by HBMan23 »

Well, since bover can't seem to find the humor in any comment and fails to recognize a joke, I will just have to post again and explain that I also rarely get penalized but would like to point out that so many rules take away from the fun. If this in not an accurate "opinion", I'm sure bover will enlighten me!