Talladega Nights!

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about painting topics.
bover907
League Administrator

Talladega Nights!

Post by bover907 »

Coming Soon to a track near you!
HBMan23's #26 Wonder Bread (Ricky-Bobby) Monte-Carlo SS

Painted by me of course! \:D/
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
HBMan23
Forum Member

Post by HBMan23 »

Looks awesome! :shock: Can't wait! :lol: 8) :twisted:
drslam31
Forum Member

Post by drslam31 »

Look momma he's going fast!!!!

Hey Bover I have a .tga on a regular heat template that I would like to use in nextel heat, where can I get the nextel heat templates and also I need some help getting a file from .tga to a working car in my nextelheat folder. I guess I have been spoiled by nascar 2003 and painters painting cars for me.catch me on aim drslam18, yahoo drslam16 or e-mail drslam16@yahoo.com if you can.Thanks in advance!
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

The Nextel Heat 05 templates are available at The Mod Squad. Of course you won't find a ford fusion there, because they are only 2006 cars.

Other than that, you need PSP 7 or later to take your tga, and take each decal one at a time from your regular heat TGA to the new NH05 template. Then you have to save your new paint job for NH05 as a .tga file and convert it to a .tex file. You need WinResTools to do that. most of the racing sites have a link to download that.

You may find that you may just want to start over on your new car for NH05. taking stuff from a .tga file to put on a different type of template model is often extremely time consuming, and usually doesn't look that great, even after hours and hours of micro surgery.

The best way to get all that stuff from your original heat template paintjob to the new one, would be to obtain the original layered paint file of your paint job, instead of the TGA. That way you can get a clean transfer on all your decals. That may prove impossible, though. Most painters (myself included) don't usually give up there artwork for someone else to chop up or claim as their own. I'm supprised you even have the .tga. I usually only give people the .tex file.

Hope this info helps.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
drslam31
Forum Member

Post by drslam31 »

I got it as a .tex file for regular heat now.I painted the car and it was nothing great, it was actually a bad scheme,but I figured it would show I'm a rookie with little funding.