i need help please

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
efgordon

i need help please

Post by efgordon »

i was waiting till the off week to get my car paint job set because it might take me 2 weeks to figure out how to get it done right and get everyone to d/l my car.

i already have the file (hooters #7, driven by alan kulwicki in 1991/92) but i dont know how to change my drivers list to make it work. can someone please help me get this done?

can i still be the #7 or do i need to be 107?

someone please give me some instructions? he he

i had this done once on an old computer, but someone helped me then (a few years ago) and since i got this new computer i have just used the regular in game cars and i am tired of looking at the ugly black/yellow micheal waltrip car and i completely stink in the paint shop.

if this is going to be too much of a problem lapage , i will just stick with the car i got, but hopefully i can get this done before the next race.

i do have a seperate folder inside my nascar heat folder that is named "run" where the drivers list is. if that helps at all

efgordon

lepage71

Re: i need help please

Post by lepage71 »

The drivers.txt is in your main NASCAR Heat folder. Ignore the drivers.dat in your Run/Data folder. That is not important.

Add the following lines to your drivers.txt to make a car slot for your new car to appear:

(Copy an existing driver's data and just edit the info)

table Driver
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp number 107
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp name efgordon
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp rank 99
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp ui_image ef.img
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp race_image 100
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp body_style fcar
end

A new driver named "efgordon" should appear on the drivers menu in the game. Use this driver from now on.
efgordon

Post by efgordon »

ok i will try it, but i am not too crazy bout the 99 ranking. he he he. i will get back to you if it doesnt work. if it does work i will send you the car so you can post it for everyone.

thanks.

efgordon
efgordon

Post by efgordon »

ok i found problem #1. i do not have a drivers list in my nascar heat folder. i do have one in the "run" folder that is in the nascar heat folder. i guess i am supposed to move it, but i dont want to do anything that might make my game crash, so i wont touch a thing yet. please help if you can.

lepage71

Post by lepage71 »

put the drivers.txt in your main heat folder and then add this stuff
efgordon

Post by efgordon »

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. it still wont work. the drivers list i have is the 2002 high compression list. if that helps? i do exacly like you said and i still cant find my car. i also notice a line for chassis and i put "ford". do i need to do anything with my options folder? when i change my number in the options, it automatically puts me in the 88 car. i am soooooooo confused
efgordon

Post by efgordon »

well i finally got it figured out and working correctly. thanks for the help lepage. thanks to ktint also. i was missing the original drivers list and that was messing me up

i hope everyone takes a couple mins to get my new car. one of the best looking cars to ever race in the winston cup...errrrrrrrrrrr nextel cup? guess thats how it works. he he

efgordon