Future Schedule Discussion

General announcements and discussion regarding other league events.
lepage71
League Administrator

Future Schedule Discussion

Post by lepage71 »

It's never too soon to discuss concepts for our next Signature Event.

We briefly discussed the topic of the next race in the server after the event at Daytona. But we'd like to start an open forum discussion about the matter. So, feel free to throw ideas out there. We want opinions about all of the above: rules, mods, tracks, formats, etc. As our news release stated, there's no official process or other limitations here. We'll just narrow down the various ideas to formulate a plan for our next event!
Bandit
League Member

Re: Future Schedule Discussion

Post by Bandit »

A "short sprint" series with any mod. For exapme, use the 1978 NASCAR Legends mod with open setups and do a few laps on each track in that year's schedule. This is a season in one night basically. We would do 1-3 laps at Riverside, than 1-5 at Daytona, etc. The number of laps we do will be based on how long the track is. This would be a interesting idea for those who want to relive older seasons of NASCAR. Hopefully not too conplicated for everyone. Thanks.
- Bandit
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Bandit's concept is the kind of alternative thinking that we're hoping to see in this thread. What other interesting ideas are out there?

I'm developing some ideas and will share them at a later date. But first, we'd like to hear from you, the NASCAR Heat community!
Bandit
League Member

Post by Bandit »

Derby at CNS Figure 8 in the SCGTS mod, G1s only, open setups. Could be fun :)
- Bandit
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

What's the best F1 mod out there? Similar to the NHRL 24, I thought that we might mirror one or two prominent events from that series, as well. We certainly have many of the tracks available. Due to the small pit stalls, however, we're often unable to visit those venues in our regular series.
Bandit
League Member

Post by Bandit »

Looking on FSS Racing's download page, F1v2 Heat is a good one. They have good models and templates.
- Bandit
Grumpy
League Member

Post by Grumpy »

In the past at ARL (Formerly OWAction) we have used CartHeat, F1v2, F2000, FR2K and PlatinumGranPrix. All seem to be pretty descent depending on the track. If you are looking with something with lots of speed then I would say PlatinumGranPrix.
Some Of My Best Friends Are People I Don't Even Know --- Long Live Heat
Bandit
League Member

Post by Bandit »

lepage71 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:54 am What's the best F1 mod out there? Similar to the NHRL 24, I thought that we might mirror one or two prominent events from that series, as well. We certainly have many of the tracks available. Due to the small pit stalls, however, we're often unable to visit those venues in our regular series.
For something similar to the NHRL 24 with F1 cars, are you thinking along the lines of say the Monaco Grand Prix or more of a 12 Hours of Sebring type of thing.
- Bandit
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I'll check out these open wheel mods. Monaco is indeed one thought I had in mind. It might be an interesting event to schedule.

Anyone else have any additional ideas? :eureka
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »