NHRL 24 @ DAYTONA

General announcements and discussion regarding other league events.
lepage71
League Administrator

NHRL 24 @ DAYTONA

Post by lepage71 »

The NASCAR Heat Racing League is pleased to reveal its first Signature Event, the NHRL 24 @ DAYTONA.

The inaugural event will unfold on January 27 at 10:00 PM ET and consist of 24 green-flag laps at Daytona RC in the SCGTS Mod. Drivers may elect to run either the GT2 or GT3 class in the mod; we'll celebrate an honorary winner of each group. The event will also include driver-led caution flags, where the leader of the race will become the pace lap leader upon the calling of a caution flag. Participants are required to connect to our Ventrilo server for the event.

NHRL Signature Events are an ongoing, season-less series of special exhibition races conducted at alternative courses in non-league-series mods. In some cases, the rules, formats, or other particularities may also differ significantly from standard league activities. The possibilities for NHRL Signature Events are truly limitless, so we invite members of the general community to join the discussion on our forum and take an active role in shaping their ever-evolving schedule.

Where to Get the Course:
http://www.themodsquad.info/index.php?a ... w;down=116

Where to Get the Mod:
http://speedsims.org/GTS/GTS_index.html

Signature Events Schedule:
http://nascarheatracingleague.com/event ... =0&event=2

General Race Parameters:
Sat Jan 27 @ 10 PM ET / Hardcore Mode / 4x Wear Factor / Open Setups

Other Event Particularities:
Each lapped driver will receive one lap back from the field upon the calling of a caution flag.
Grumpy
League Member

Re: NHRL 24 @ DAYTONA

Post by Grumpy »

In game cars only?
Some Of My Best Friends Are People I Don't Even Know --- Long Live Heat
Grumpy
League Member

Post by Grumpy »

BTW, the links to the track and mod are reversed.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Grumpy wrote:In game cars only?
Good question! Overall, I don't see a reason to disallow custom paint schemes in Signature Events. For our inaugural race, I'd say to everyone, go ahead and create them. But don't upload your car files on our website or post links to them just yet. If you paint a car, then we'll definitely allow its use, so don't worry about wasting time. Before we get posting, let me a) see how many we get and b) think of the best way to organize them.
Grumpy wrote:BTW, the links to the track and mod are reversed.
Thanks, it's fixed.
Monster614
Forum Member

Post by Monster614 »

I sure will be there it at good time and should have nothing planed by then.I may do in car game cause I don't paint!
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Alright, we should be further along on a few more technical details. We've added the ability to upload custom paint schemes for Signature Events to the driver account system on the website. You can access it from this page: http://nascarheatracingleague.com/account/.

Remember, the driver accounts are separate from the forum accounts. Let us know if you need us to set up a driver account for you.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Has there been a decision made on if your going to use 4x wear or change it?
Grumpy
League Member

Post by Grumpy »

Jes Rathbun wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:08 pm Has there been a decision made on if your going to use 4x wear or change it?
Unless something was talked about later, it says 4x in the race parameters.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

We've got a few custom paint schemes for tonight's event. You can download them from the NHRL Signature Events paints page: http://nascarheatracingleague.com/event ... =0&event=2.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Thank you to everyone for attending the NHRL 24 @ DAYTONA!

We certainly provided a very entertaining show in our first Signature Event. And there will be more to come. You can find the complete race results here: http://nascarheatracingleague.com/event ... t=2&race=1. Also, here's a brief recap of the event, from our website home page:
lepage71 wrote:A new era has begun! The league recently hosted its first Signature Event, the NHRL 24 @ DAYTONA, in the SCGTS mod at Daytona RC. The race turned out to be a rousing success. A vehicularly diverse field of 7 GT2- and 3 GT3-class cars lined up at Daytona for the first event of its kind. An accidental entry in the GT2 class, due to a confused garage valet, lepage71 navigated a 911 Porsche to the overall victory, edging KartRacer63 and DusterLag in a late-race battle. Speedyman11, also using a 911 Porsche, took the title in the GT3 class, and most impressively, was at times in serious contention for the overall victory against the faster GT2 cars. The event had three distinctive phases. The early stages were a feeling-out period, with Kart and Speedy trading the lead, amidst a few cautions and restarts. The middle of the race featured a long green-flag run, by which time lepage had entered the picture, briefly taking the lead before a multi-car accident. The late stages of the event were the biggest surprise. A caution on lap 25 spawned a series of wild restarts and subsequent cautions lasting for 12 laps. The order of the field flipped several times. At the end, lepage somehow went from being in trouble to avoiding it, moving from ninth to first between the penultimate and final restarts. The rest, as we shall say, will go down in history!

DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Very nice write up! Any chance you could upload the replay so I could watch the race?
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Thanks!!
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!