NEW NBS MOD

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Busch Series.
BlackKnight
League Member

NEW NBS MOD

Post by BlackKnight »

just wondering when the new mod will be posted so we can get paints in in time for the first race set for the 21 I believe
bover907
League Administrator

Re: NEW NBS MOD

Post by bover907 »

The mod is going to be posted within a week. You can start painting you cars now. Just download the Templates from Sim Racing USA. That's the creator of the car models I'm converting. Make sure you download the 1024 templates. The 2048 templates are too big for heat.

Also, at the bottom of the page you'll see a car viewer download. Download that, and you can use this CarViewer program to view your painted car, even before the mod is released.
  • Here's how to use the CarViewer Program.
  • When you unzip the carviewer files from SRUSA, You'll have 4 folders for Camaro, Camry, Challanger, and Mustang.
  • When painting your car, save a copy as card.bmp in the appropriate folder.
  • When you run the car viewer program, you'll see an original NR2k3 car on the screen.
  • Click File/Open DirectX Mesh (Ctrl-X).
  • Browse to the appropriate folder and select the .x file
  • Click File/Refresh Curent Texture (Ctrl-R) whenever you make changes.
  • You rotate and pan your car with the mouse. Left-click to rotate, and right-click to pan. If you make the window bigger, it'll make your car bigger, so you can see stuff up close.
It sounds much more complicated than it is. It's very easy when you get the hang of it.

I should also mention. Ignore the Impala templates. The only chevy in the mod is going to be the Camaro, since NASCAR mandated all Chevy teams run the Camaro body this year.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Hey Bover and NHRL! Is there an update on when the new Nationwide series mod that Bover's been working on
will become available? I been checking everyday in anticipation of its release and wondering?
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

We're sorry about the delay, we know everyone wants to get racing.

Not to despair, though, because racing will be happening. Just on a different schedule than anticipated. Hold fast.

What's going on is that a lot of little things keep surfacing that we want to correct or add into the mod. In addition, we've had some personal commitments get mixed into all of this, so it's slowed the development of the mod just a bit. However, since the 2014 year has started in NASCAR, we're aiming to incorporate as many 2014 paint schemes into the mod as possible. Originally, we intended to use the paint schemes from last year.

We'd like to say when the mod will be released, but we know better than to try to make a prediction. :roll
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Splendid!
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

What's going on is that a lot of little things keep surfacing that we want to correct or add into the mod.
Meaning that Lepage doesn't like something.
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

LMAO rookie always starting some trouble :twisted , but keeps it interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Rookiesrock wrote:
What's going on is that a lot of little things keep surfacing that we want to correct or add into the mod.
Meaning that Lepage doesn't like something.
BlackKnight wrote:LMAO rookie always starting some trouble , but keeps it interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:reporting from the garage area: "A reliable inside source stated that, despite Rookiesrocks :snide remark , Lepage & company said they would continue to work on the new nationwide mod,as scheduled, muttering something inaudible about the #1 car ,as he walked away ! :reporting :mrgreen
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Actually, the delay had nothing to do with lepage, and everything to do with me. Lepage is probably about to kill me by this point. I am actually going to get this finished in the VERY NEAR FUTURE. I do certainly apologize to the entire league for the delay.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Keep us updated bov!
In Reef we trust.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

bover907 wrote:Actually, the delay had nothing to do with lepage, and everything to do with me. Lepage is probably about to kill me by this point. I am actually going to get this finished in the VERY NEAR FUTURE. I do certainly apologize to the entire league for the delay.
Bover, if you need any type of help bud, just shout!! ;)
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

hi guys,think we'll ever get this season started seems like forever since we've raced :verysad give us an update and lets us know how it's goin :\
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

The only thing happening is silence. I'm actually somewhat concerned.
In Reef we trust.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

As of late, bover has been occupied with some personal matters. I will share updates when we can get a better idea of our upcoming schedule.

I realize that the above is not necessarily the most exciting "news", but at the same time, there's no plans to shut things down for 2014 or anything like that. Hold firm. And thanks to everyone for your patience.
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

ok LP just angjous to get back to racing at NHRL
Grumpy
League Member

Post by Grumpy »

lepage71 wrote:As of late, bover has been occupied with some personal matters. I will share updates when we can get a better idea of our upcoming schedule.

I realize that the above is not necessarily the most exciting "news", but at the same time, there's no plans to shut things down for 2014 or anything like that. Hold firm. And thanks to everyone for your patience.
Hope everything is all right with Bover and his family. All of that comes first, take as long as you need.
Some Of My Best Friends Are People I Don't Even Know --- Long Live Heat
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

lepage71 wrote:As of late, bover has been occupied with some personal matters. I will share updates when we can get a better idea of our upcoming schedule.

Hey lepage.

While Bover is occupied with personal matters. Why not just run a series with the Cup mod for now.. At least it keeps folks motivated in wanting to race.. :bike Instead of this place turning into a ghost town.
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Thanks for the thoughts, Dave and all.

Yes, I agree, and we're developing some contingency plans so that we can get the 2014 season underway.

Later this week, I'm going to post a roll call topic in the League Garage, to start to get things organized. After a long layoff, we want to make sure that everyone has a chance to recognize that the cylinders are starting to fire up again.
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Trucks trucks trucks!
In Reef we trust.