Las Vegas Caution Flag Review

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
lepage71
League Administrator

Las Vegas Caution Flag Review

Post by lepage71 »

Las Vegas was a decent caution flag race.

We only saw three notable issues on the replay. Just one was a major issue. I've outlined them below:

----------

Restarts on laps 24 and 49:

Donaldson wasn't quite aligned with the pace line on these restarts. Remember, everyone needs to be squarely in line, per the rules.

Restart on lap 45:

BlackKnight was the free pass driver and he circled around the track without slowing down when he reached the back of the pace line on the restart lap. Instead, he kept up his speed, passed a bunch of drivers on the outside, cut down, and collided with CR49 in turn 1, which caused another caution flag.

Probably needless to say, but this simply isn't going to fly. Rule VI-B 5 is clear about being safe when receiving a free pass.

Caution flag on lap 48:

Four drivers entered pit road when it was closed. However, we resolved the issue right away, and the drivers who pitted improperly went to back of the pace line prior to the restart. This is one of the few infractions that we can deal with in the middle of the race. Usually, we review them on the replay.

----------

Overall, despite these issues, Las Vegas demonstrated that we're getting better with caution flags.

Most of the crashes, by the way, were due to spins. There were no contact penalties, other than the restart incident.
BlackKnight
League Member

Re: Las Vegas Caution Flag Review

Post by BlackKnight »

I was slowing down but then he waved the green flag so I punched it didn't think I'd gain as fast as I did we should have went another pace lap for me to catch completely up and fall inline . just my opinion