Cup mod handling question

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
JBS
League Member

Cup mod handling question

Post by JBS »

Fellow NHRLers,
Quick question concerning the cup cars. I've been having an extremely difficult time creating a setup that has longevity, or maintains somewhat the same characteristics throughout a fuel run. I created roughly through 20-25 setups for Las Vegas and they all would get extremely loose on corner entry at the end. Regardless of sway bar or weight settings. Is this normal for this mod? Have I been spoiled by the other mods that have very little tire fall off?
Rookiesrock
League Member

Re: Cup mod handling question

Post by Rookiesrock »

Yes we've been spoiled by the "super" grip that platinum mod gives. Tire management is very important for longevity in the cup mod. California is also uber sensitive on old tires and takes throttle to not spin out in the corner entries.
lepage71
League Administrator

Re: Cup mod handling question

Post by lepage71 »

As Rookiesrock alluded, our mods tend to be more handling-challenged than the Platinum series of mods.

Expect a significant drop off in handling during a long run on tires. It also depends on the track. For example, Las Vegas is a well-known tire abuser. The loose-in condition is common. You'll see a similar thing at Phoenix, but it will be to a lesser degree.

Depending on the track and your setup, you can also encounter tight-in and loose-off situations.

For anyone looking for advice, we encourage you to post in the setup and strategies forum. Often, it's quiet in there. Myself and other NHRL veterans would be more than happy to give specific pointers and explain what to expect at various tracks.