PC overheating..

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
Hammer
League Member

PC overheating..

Post by Hammer »

I'm having trouble with my PC overheating and restarting. I pulled it out from the slot in my desk to get more air and less dust but again I had some trouble. Last weekend everything went fine and outside it was hotter in temperature.

Also for some reason my fans are not running when they are needed. Is there anyway to turn them on manually?
In Reef we trust.
bover907
League Administrator

Re: PC overheating..

Post by bover907 »

Depending on your motherboard and BIOS.... If it's an AMD prossor based board, I think it's called "cool n quiet" The intel processor based boards have somethiNG sorta thE same. You find out where to turn that off in your BIOS, and the fans will stay on full bore all the time.

Also, have you opened up your PC and cleaned all the dust out of the fans and heat sinks lately?

You want to unplug the fans before you blow them off. if you can't unplug them, hold them still because if you spin the fans with a vacuum or caned air, you'll make the fan act as a generator, and could damage your PC. Also, you want to get the dust out of the fins of the heatsink that is under the fan on the processor and Video chip.

I give my computers a good cleaning every spring, before it gets hot out.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
groverhardt
League Member

Re: PC overheating..

Post by groverhardt »

You can also plut your fans chassis fans direct into your power supply harness instead of through your motherboard.